I may be dumb...but,

Anyway, I am having a heck of a time finding a descent not overly done hood pin kit. I am sick of the hood flopping all over. I can find plenty of appearance pins, I want fricken REAL ones....god.

Anyway, I want ones with no cables. Just a regular silver flat piece with a fricken codder pin....

Point me in the right direction please!!!

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

For real. I would like to have the old Shelby kind, twist and turn. I know the new KR has them but apparently Ford is not going to sell them. Any aftermarket versions of these out there?

Anyway, I am having a heck of a time finding a descent not overly done hood pin kit. I am sick of the hood flopping all over. I can find plenty of appearance pins, I want fricken REAL ones....god.

Anyway, I want ones with no cables. Just a regular silver flat piece with a fricken codder pin....

Point me in the right direction please!!!

Thanks!

The Shelby billet pins are nice, although the original stainless pins are a little cheap.

You don't have to use the cables.. :shrug:

This is probably not going to be much help, but I was reading either mm&ff or 5.0 and there's a company that sells concealed hood pins. You don't see them when the hood is closed. I've searched on the internet, but couldn't find them. If I do, I will post. The unlatch with the stock hood release. Sorry I can't say where they're from right now...

if you ever experience the hood shake, you will know. it looks like your hood is gonna rip right off. i had it happen once. the edges of the hood moved up about 3-4 inches per side. thats pretty scary @ 80mph!

I hate to say it - since I'm one for stealth - I really do like the way those Shelby hood pins look (of course I'd get them w/o the logo - very glad they offer them that way).

Question for those with hood pins; do you remove your stock latching mechanism or do you use the hood pins simply to augment the latch?

I hate to say it - since I'm one for stealth - I really do like the way those Shelby hood pins look (of course I'd get them w/o the logo - very glad they offer them that way).

Question for those with hood pins; do you remove your stock latching mechanism or do you use the hood pins simply to augment the latch?

I have the non logo Shelby/Scott Drake hood pins. I removed the lanyards. Mine are in addition to the center latch.

A nice low profile, lower cost alternative to the ones posted above.....AeroCatch - Automotive

...and you can even opt out for a set built with real locks! :nice: Either way, you don't have pins and wires flopping around all over the place on your hood finish! :

photo-non-locking.jpg

photo-locking.jpg

They usually retail for around $70-$100