i need a job

65notch

Jun 18, 2005
661 Cali
i'm in need of a good job that i can enjoy...i work as a heavy line tech at my local Ford dealership and it just isnt very exciting working on these redundant cluttered plastic cars...i need something that ill like to go to work in the morning. anybody have any ideas? anything you wish you would have done in the past?
im in Santa Clarita, so-cal (northern L.A. county,Magic Mountain)

• Sponsors (?)

I know the guy who manages our city's Vehicle Maintenance Yard; spends a lot of time "testing" his mechanics' work on the PD Crown Vics as well as the trash trucks, etc.
Since he (30 years ago) had a pretty big reputation for building quarter milers (he just had his original 67 'Cuda chassis "restored" to it's 70's track shape, and did the powertrain himself); he still side-jobs engine/tranny/axle work on weekends.
I've already arranged to get the Cougar over to him for tuning when I've finally gotten her engine's top-end done. Partially because Cleveland's are the only Ford engines he really likes; and partially because I babysat his kids back when I was a teen. OBTW, I was his grandson's first Scoutmaster; that might have helped, too. :shrug:

I'm in Santa Clarita, too. There's a bunch of hotrod shops around here as well as further south. I'd start asking around those places if they need help. Sometimes they've got more cars than they can handle and can use an extra wrench.