I need detailed info on o/r h pipe install please!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

go to mustangworld.com and click on how-to's then go to mac prochamber install which will basically be the same thing. i tryed putting mine on myself but i couldn't get to the bolts where the stock h pipe bolts to the headers. but i got mine put on at a muffler shop for $50. good luck with it though.

twogts4us said:
Shoot, for $50 bucks, I'd save my knuckles, sanity and sweat and pay someone else (with a lift) to do it!
That's no fun... :D

Here are some tips:

Get some PB Blaster to spray the bolts. It will save you some fussin' and cussin' trying to break the header bolts. Use liberally and let it soak for about 30 minutes.

Remove the O2's first. It is much easier while the pipe is on the car.

The driver's side header bolts are pretty easy. The passenger side is a bit tougher because of the bottom bolt clearance with the fender. You will need a mid dish socket since the regular socket is not deep enough for the header bolt to slide through and the deep dish is too deep and will not clear the fenderwell.

Use 18 inches of extentions (I used 1/2 inch ratchet and extentions for better torque) and a swivel with a 18mm socket. Sears has a set of Craftsman extensions (3 in all) and you can get the mid dish socket also. I suggested 1/2 drive ratchet and sockets but 3/8 inch will work.

Get a new gasket for the passenger side header where the pipe and header meet. I don't remember the part number but Ford has them for about 15 bucks as does Napa.

Good luck and post back if you have any problems.

The hardest part is the pass side. All you need is a mid well socket, universal joint, and a long extenstion. I did mine in about 20 minutes and that includes letting some PB soak on the bolts. Do the pass side first. The rest is cake. Well, that I had an impact wrench :D

EDIT: I must type slow....lol

HIGDON said:
The hardest part is the pass side. All you need is a mid well socket, universal joint, and a long extenstion. I did mine in about 20 minutes and that includes letting some PB soak on the bolts. Do the pass side first. The rest is cake.

EDIT: I must type slow....lol
Jeez...you ain't kiddin'.

I even went out to my tool box to make sure it was an 18mm socket I used. :p