I need help..something is really wrong..

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA
:( Ok. I have my car back together with the following mods:

I tried the stock tune that I was running b4 and the cobra tune and it seems to make no difference..

Trick Flow TW heads, 24# FR injectors, pro-m 75mm maf calibrated for 24# injectors (spliced to the old maf connector very tightly until i can get soder), 155 fuel pump.

Timing at 10 degress, sp gap set to 52, distributer is in perfectly checkled and rechecked that and wires....

When starting initially, I heard a bang or metal sound but then cranked it and it cranks fine, no metal sounds but I have to really keep the pedal down to keep it running and it runs rough. Take the pedal off and it dies. I am going to check and see if a rocker arm came off or something. Drivers side looks fine so I will be checking passenger side next. It sounds healthy, just that it is either getting too much fuel or like it is not running on all cylinders.:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

I had that hooked up wrong but finally got it correct. There were basically no instructions with the MAF. The car still has to be floored to be started and won't run without flooring it and barely runs at that. I pulled off the top of the engine all over again, and everything looks in order. I am @#$%ing fed up with it at this point and will probably leave it sit now for God knows how long because I don't know what the hell to do now:mad: .

Yep. I was working with a mechanic and he checked all that with the clay and all. It is running as if not even programmed for the 24# inj like really rich which is probably why I have to floor it to start it.

Pokageek said:
Mine didn't. It was a different end connector.

If a valve dropped or something, wouldn't it be making noise? The car cranks fine just runs like crap.
So u got a pro-m for a different year car, i wouldnt really reccomend that. The only one u should really have to do that for is a Lignting MAF. I would get those wires soldiered.

Are you saying I have an 85? The receipt states it is a 75mm for 24# injectors. The dud eat brother's performance acted like I was an interruption and only advice was "hook it up the same as the old one." I said I don't have a white or a blue. I have a red, black, green and beige on the original harness that goes to the car. He said "doesn't matter just hook it up in a line like the old one." So green is hooked to beige and white is hooked to blue red to red and black to black...

So wouldn't the car be making some nasty noise if a valve was messed up?

Here's the part number guys but my connector didn't look like the one in the picture at all... http://www.brothersperformance.com/shop/mustang/pr7595502411.html

I wonder if they sent me the wrong one? Would that cause the car to run so bad?

ok red to red black to black white to beige and green to damn it I forgot the last color.... but that is the sequence I have on mine and it runs perfectly.. ohh yeah Pro m put this style on there last made products for the 94 - 95 meters... its easier to disconnect as well!!!

did you pull the pony tail connector out of the stock MAF? you have to take it apart to get it out.

I would be throwing a major fit with Brothers if they are giving you crap. That is total BS. Next step is to send the part back, and demand a refund. So be sure to say that to them.

Hey Tony, hwew is the link to what I have..They advertised it as a "Pro-M but this is the site..http://www.massairsystems.com/METERS.htm

I don't know if it is the same thing as a pro-m. Hey btw my receipt says the 75mmMAF is for 24# inj BUT the Calibration sheet says 75mm 88-95 Mustang gt 19#!! Did they send me the wrong one in the box? Would this make my car run way too rich or like ****??

If your computer is calibrated for #19 injectors and you put one on that is for #24's then yes it'll run crappy, and vise versa... the computer calibration should be the same as the maf calibration.. what kind of tuner or tuning device do you have?? or is it a chip?? can you tune it yourself?? if it says #19 on the meter send it back to brothers for the right one and b***h them out for crappy customer service.... And that company is now pro M.... same product different name. Also found out granatelli meters are also made by the company formerly known as pro m...

Tony

I just re checked the "Test" Sheet. The MAF is calibrated for 19# injectors even though it says it is for 24#'s....They sent me the wrong part in the right box. Thanks for the help guys.

To sum up:
The maf they sent me is for 19# and I am running 24# injectors. I have a tweecer but running the stock tune with minor mods. They sent me the wrong maf.

WHITE94COBRA said:
If your computer is calibrated for #19 injectors and you put one on that is for #24's then yes it'll run crappy, and vise versa... the computer calibration should be the same as the maf calibration..
What the F? I have never heard this before. In fact, I thought was the whole point behind getting a MAF calibrated to your injectors - it communicates the correct information to the computer for your injectors, and no further computer tuning is required. You only need to use a programmer to adjust for injectors when you are using a MAF that is not calibrated to match the injectors.

In fact, I'm nearly sure this is right. So would someone please speak up if I am off?

GRGT1994 said:
What the F? I have never heard this before. In fact, I thought was the whole point behind getting a MAF calibrated to your injectors - it communicates the correct information to the computer for your injectors, and no further computer tuning is required. You only need to use a programmer to adjust for injectors when you are using a MAF that is not calibrated to match the injectors.

In fact, I'm nearly sure this is right. So would someone please speak up if I am off?

What you're saying makes more sense (to me anyway). If this is true ..... Pokageek shouldn't have to worry .... right? Can't he just tune it with the TwECCer to accept the 19# MAF & 24# injectors?