I need new springs. Suggestions...

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
Ok, like three of my springs are sagging. So Im just gonna get a new set.

Right now I have H&R Race springs and I love how low it sits. It it lowered 2 inches all the way around. I want something that will give me those 2 inches, maybe a little more. NOTHING LESS. And if its possible something that will improve the ride some.
Im thinking about Sport Lines, but I am not sure.

• Sponsors (?)

I was on Summit Racing earlier and saw some Intrax lowering springs, INT-30-1-006. They are a progressive rate with a 2" drop. The only thing is they take a while to ship, I think. They are also purple powder coated if that matters.

eibach pro kit lowered my ride 2" and they are amazing. CJ ponyparts actually sell the kit for around $150. They are made specifically for CJ ponyparts from eibach but they are EXACTLY the same and the prokit. Only the price is less. The spring rate is great for daily driving and are still amazing when you are taking turns tight and fast. They are great spring for the money.

I only dropped about 1.2 inches with my H&R race springs. I did use new spring isolators all around from MM, so maybe that accounts for less drop. Your drop is definitely lower than mine from the looks of your sig pic.

Sagging? Really? Cause this is the second post about the race springs sagging. Maybe I'm just the luckiest SOB around, cause I've had nothing but success with all my stuff so far. :)

How long have you had these springs? Any other mods than whats in your sig?

I got them used and I was told they were Super Sports. Then I found out SS's were Blue. So I either have Race or Super Race springs.

Question: What are the lowest springs you can get?

Your springs "saged" or settled? They should settle a little. Which three settled and which one didn't? Do you have a rear air bag? Interesting. My Eibach drag springs settled over the past year, but they actually look better than the stock ride height. I may let the air out of the rear bag to see if it's still level without it.

Your springs "saged" or settled? They should settle a little. Which three settled and which one didn't? Do you have a rear air bag? Interesting. My Eibach drag springs settled over the past year, but they actually look better than the stock ride height. I may let the air out of the rear bag to see if it's still level without it.

No air bags.

I didnt even know people put them.

And they were used, so I am pretty sure they were settled already.

First the back pass side started to sag, then I noticed that the rear drivers side was hanging lower than the rear pass side in the past few weeks. And the front seems to be leaning to the drivers side. :shrug:

A new Eibach Drag kit comes with one bag for the passenger side rear. You don't notice it as long as you have a sway bar on the car. If you remove the sway bar the car will have a gangster lean to it and look like poo with the bag filled up... kinda like you describe.

When you launch, the passenger-rear squats.

Modern spring metallurgy is awesome - they can last and be functional for decades. It's curious if the springs are actually failing. If you desire, you can send them to me for diagnostics after the new set goes in. :D

I personally like progressive rate springs, especially when the car is kinda dropped.