i need opinions....and lots of em........

aite guys, youve never failed me before, so heres the deal.....you all know i had an accident like 2 months back, and the car is basically fine minus the paint now.....but there are a few bad things...#1- i owe the 'rents $1500 for the frame repairs.......#2- i owe them $1000 for insurance by Oct 10th or something......#3-since i had the accident my rate for insurance are gonna go up a lot soon, so idk if i can afford this car as much as i LOVE it......and #4- i wont have mod money, or a painted front for like 6 months cause its gonna take me forever to make that money....

so heres my proposition......my good friend "Mustang Dave:, whose had 8 FAST mustangs already and hes only 22, just went out with me and my other buddy (9eightGEEtee) and traded in his DD taurus for an 02 GT which he plans to supercharge......anywho, hes also got a 4 CYL notch project car (would make a fine DD, but needs a lil work), that hes willing to sell to me for $2500!! and hes even gonna throw in a BRAND NEW IN BOX set of edelbrock performer 5.0 heads, and all the gaskets and **** too....heres a list of the things done to the car........

-302 outta a 95 GT with 45k on it
-new t-5 built by www.bieberfever.com
-alum driveshaft
-king cobra clutch
-rear outta the same 95 gt as the motor
-FMS 3.90 gears
-edelbrock performer carb intake
-edelbrock carb (not sure which one i think 650 tho)
-e303 or b303 cam....cant remember......
-bbk longtubes
-pypes x-pipe
-flowmaster american thunder catback
-upgraded fuel pumps, and braided lines
-underdrives
-3" cowl hood
-pony wheels with 245/50/16 BFG tires
the car is in decent shape, it need paint tho....he painted it with spray cans, and it looks respctible, but it needs paint....also need a few small dents taken out, and it needs a piece of trim on the front.....it also needs power steering, but he works at autozone and can get my the parts for 150 to do everything.......

the car is a fixer upper, like i said its in decent shape, and with a few hundred bux, some time, and some cold drinks, i think that it could be real nice, and its a 4cyl body, so i'd be paying much less for insurance which would be my goal, not to mention if i sell my car i could pay back the 'rents and then all my money from the summer would go to paint, 5 lug, and 03 cobra wheels.......

im REALLY sry that is so long but i really need some opinions on what to do because i hate being in debt....and this car, since its been gutted of a bunch of unnessesary things, its only about 2750 w/o driver, and the motor with the heads should put out close to 325 hp...........OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I say you stick to one project.
so either get this car, and dump your sn95
or keep what you have now and forget about your buddies car.

Just my $.02

Either option is fine imo, it's all what you really want to do.
but i've just seen many a project fail because the person doing the project had too many on the go.

good luck

I'm w/ Caldwell.

Sounds like you're stuck in a pretty crappy situation, but there's not much else to do (and don't go for the "I'll just throw it on the credit card" option because you'll just end up porking yourself w/ the interest).

i wouldnt be keeping both of the crs...if i got the notch, i'd be painting the front of mine, and selling it.......i just brought up the idea to my dad, and he straight up told me that he thought the car was a piece of garbage, which i totally disagree on....he doesnt know enought about mustangs to know this cam from that one, or this fuel pump from that one....hes a chevy guy :notnice: so idk if this is gonna happen.....MORE OPINIONS!!

The fox sounds like a pretty solid mod car and all and for $2500 it sounds like a steal, but not for a daily driver...... I don't know how reputable the car is because I never seen it but when you got a lot of go-fast parts on em and a few sets of hands been under the hood I'd expect something to go wrong. Whats going to happen if you get some downtime with the car? I know a lot of people say that your insurance will be cheaper if you have a 4cyl body car, or whatever etc... who knows you might be able to get away with if for awhile, I don't know if your insurance company makes you bring the car in or whatever. But if you ever got in an accident with it or an adjuster or someone found out what was going on you could get in some trouble for fraud. I've seen it happen before.

bottom line, my honest opinion is: I never seen your SN95 before and most go for around 5-6k. If you did sell it you'd be able to pay your parents back and buy the other car and have just enough to break even. With the amount of work that thing sounds like it needs i'd just keep the SN95 and spend the few hundred or whatever to get your bumper painted. If you think about it your buddies car really doesnt' have that many mods on it. If your looking at it in terms of mods I don't think the tradeoff is there bro.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Keep your car. The money you loose from tax and stuff wont be worth it. Especially since youll have an older car, bad suspension and bad brakes. How much is your insurance? Try shopping around for someone cheaper.
not too sure how much its gonna be now...i was paying $1200 with a good student discount (squeaked by with a 3.04....needed 3.0 minimum), and no colission (mistake)......my parents are being really gay with this accident and were like "you arent changing insurance companies because this is the best"....cause i wana switch to geico.......my friends infiniti went from 6k a year with collision from another company, to 2200 with collision from geico.....

yellowstang1994- yea im not SOO concerned with the mods....they are just kinda a perk....i mean dong get me wrong, it'd be sweet to have 325 hp, butits more the fact that i'd be outta debt......i know everyone keeps saying fix the 95 because its cheaper, but i think the thing you guys are missing, is that i owe my parents $2500....THEN i can get paint......THEN i can get mods.....it just seems like im NEVER EVER gonna get to mod the damn car cause bad **** keeps happening.....theres NOTHING i like more than to go outside and put somethin on the car, but the way its goin now, im gonna have a stock 95 forever......it just pisses me off when ignorant people are like when are you gonna get your car painted, and i tell them when i get outta ****in $2500 in debt, and they are like, well you should have painted it first before you took it back from teh body shop.......im sry guys im just in a bad mood.........

keep the sn95... chicks dig em... :)

You know your car, it is your car... if you get rid of it you will regret it... figure out a way as there has got to be SOMETHING with that fox that will run you some bucks...

Chris

stprolla - i know where your coming from man, $2500 is a lot to owe back. Is there anyway you could work out a payment plan or anything with them? or do they want it back immediatley? Maybee tell them you'll give them $200 bucks a month. Do you completely own your SN95 now?

Also think about this: your insurance won't go up until 6 months after you had your accident. And if you did sell your Sn95 dude you'd still have to get the front painted unless you sold it as is and took a little bit of a loss on it. In any event, if I were forced to sell the car I'd probably get something really affordable with the money I had left that I know I could get around in. But in any event, i'd try to hld on to the car no matter what. If you get rid of it you're just gonna dig yourself into a hole. I been down the same road myself. So your car won't have paint for a little while? You gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure everyone isn't driving around in a gem. My car is certainley far from it, lol. But yea dude, stick out it, i'm sure your parents will definatley help you through the situation. And things will turn out a lot better for ya dude. The last thing you want to do is get rid of your car and take a loss on it, get something else and have that break on ya. I hope it works out for you though dude. Take it easy!

yellowstang1994 said:
stprolla - i know where your coming from man, $2500 is a lot to owe back. Is there anyway you could work out a payment plan or anything with them? or do they want it back immediatley? Maybee tell them you'll give them $200 bucks a month. Do you completely own your SN95 now?

Also think about this: your insurance won't go up until 6 months after you had your accident. And if you did sell your Sn95 dude you'd still have to get the front painted unless you sold it as is and took a little bit of a loss on it. In any event, if I were forced to sell the car I'd probably get something really affordable with the money I had left that I know I could get around in. But in any event, i'd try to hld on to the car no matter what. If you get rid of it you're just gonna dig yourself into a hole. I been down the same road myself. So your car won't have paint for a little while? You gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure everyone isn't driving around in a gem. My car is certainley far from it, lol. But yea dude, stick out it, i'm sure your parents will definatley help you through the situation. And things will turn out a lot better for ya dude. The last thing you want to do is get rid of your car and take a loss on it, get something else and have that break on ya. I hope it works out for you though dude. Take it easy!
thanks a lot man.....to answer a few of your questions.....i do totally own the car, i paid for 3900 out of 4500 for the car.....the rents helped me out a lil.......i guess the thing is, i was out with "mustang dave" and my other friend today, and dave got a new 02, and my other friend fell in love with a 90 LX thats PRISTINE, with a 347 stroker.......anyway i guess its just that i was amidst 2 cars being looked at, and one being bought, and jus hearing the idle on teh 347 made me want that so bad........

You said you owe you parents 1500 and the 1000 isnt due for insurance till october right? Sell some **** you got laying around and put in a few more hours in at work and you could pay that back in a month. Or maybe a mustang isnt right for you. Mods plus repair and stuff can get expensive quick.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
You said you owe you parents 1500 and the 1000 isnt due for insurance till october right? Sell some **** you got laying around and put in a few more hours in at work and you could pay that back in a month. Or maybe a mustang isnt right for you. Mods plus repair and stuff can get expensive quick.
mustangs are my only car ill own.....no other car............

you'll end up in more debt from doing the conversion on the fox. then paying what you owe and getting back to square one with the sn95.

maybe getting 2 jobs since school is out will help you get the debt paid off. that way you can start saving up for paint.
it's time to start living on ramon noodles and tap water.

i would save up the payment for insurance first. that way once Oct comes around there's no worries. then start paying you parental units off. then save for paint. you have a good year of saving. good luck man.

If you keep your car, can you still afford to pay your debts? If you can, I would keep the 95. I drove mine around for a year with an unpainted hood and bumper. I had the car for 3 years before I did any engine mods. 6 months is not that long to wait if you really like this car and want to mod it.