I need to buy a new Mod

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Its been months since Ive dumped money into the dargon. Ive got this new job, all this months bills are paid off, funds for car payments and insurance are good until September. All I can do is sit here and browse the interweb looking at parts I want. What should I buy?

Rims? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-9...emQQcategoryZ43958QQitemZ8070692864QQtcZphoto

Headers? ($-Kooks-$ + Jet-Hot :drool: )

Shocks/Struts/CC's so I can install my H&R Sports?

Hell I dont know what else, thats all I want before I dump $4k into a Mongoose kit. :shrug:

I thought about flying to Hawaii and giving Stangless that Cleveland Steamer he wanted (queen made dinner last night, CORN INCLUDED :nice: ), but he probably wouldnt even give me a reach around. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

hmm....wonder how much they'd take off without the springs. I have the same ones sitting in my closet right meow. They retail for $225+ most places, I got the Ebay special, $125 :nice:

I could also sell my MM HD LCA's that are only 3 months old and get about $200-$250 for them.....*rubs chinny chin chin*

streethorse said:
Nice Rims are like $ in the bank, save the stockers for when you sell the car.
:eek: Never!

You know I really want to get the rims, but DAMN! Tires for 18" rims are crazy! I'd just have to save up for them a little longer. I could get the rims now and let them sit around the house, torturing me.

Toms_2003_Stang said:
Wtf is a Cleveland Steamer?
Oh God, should I? :rlaugh: You probably dont wanna know.
How about cams Helty?
Cams would definitely be high on my list, except I plan on a Mongoose kit later this year. I could get blower cams, but with the supercharger alone I will more than overpower my stock rotating assembly, so I dont see a real need for cams until I get a built motor capable of handling a butt load of power.

If I was staing N/A, VT Stage IIs would be ordered already :nice:

speedfreak98r said:
I thought you already had Kooks headers?
No, I have their X-pipe, waiting for their headers.

Come to think of it, if bought the headers, I could sell my SLP X-pipe with cats and O/R pipes, get about $300-$350 for it, and in the end the headers would'nt cost me any more than BBK Ceramic LT's, even a little less. Hmmm........

timeless2 said:
Dragster or carver? I cannot recall what your aim is.
Something along these lines

mingolelli1.jpg

But for now I'll settle for mid/low 13 sec ETs with daily driver reliability :nice:

Hey, is that a Motorcraft filter he's using?

Attachments

• mingolelli1.jpg
    mingolelli1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 85
DSG40thGT said:
shocks, struts, and caster/camber plates
who the F'k asked you :mad:

:p But I want headers, I need more POWA!

The stang sure would look a lot better dropped wouldnt it? The only thing that scares me about dropping it is that my SLP cats would scrape all the time. Kooks cats, however, are a lot more flat than SLPs so they wouldnt scrape as much (neither would O/R pipes though).

Im leaning towards doing this:

1. Headers (now)
2. Shocks/Struts/CC's (start of school)
3. Rims/Tires (October-ish)
4. Mongoose kit (X-mas gift to myself)
5. 31 Splines, Detroit Tru-Trac, welded axle tubes and torque boxes; sub-frames
6. Weld 15 x 8 Pro-stars w/ MT ET Streets

Hopefully all by next spring :nice:

helty said:
Im leaning towards doing this:

1. Headers
2. Shocks/Struts/CC's
3. Rims/Tires
4. Mongoose kit - with a conservative, yet productive tune
5. 31 Splines, Detroit Tru-Trac, welded axle tubes and torque boxes;
6. Weld 15 x 8 Pro-stars w/ MT ET Streets
repaired

timeless2 said:
always looking out for your arkansas bitches :nice:

It would come with Tims tune, which I would trust implicitly. However I'd still have it dyno tuned by Dynospeed in memphis to check out A/F, and create a very conservative, safe, DD tune; since I dont street race and wouldnt need all that powa on I-40.

Then one for the track :cool: