I NEED to run a 14.1 quarter mile, How?

• Sponsors (?)

First thing, are you spinning off the line? If so drag radials will make you faster for sure and you'll probably take him. But, if you're hooking up fine then get the converter. I put a 3200 on my car which isnt a whole lot more than the stock converter and it makes a world of difference. My C4 is living on barrowed time though, but for now if i blow it out i can get a used one for 150 bucks so it's not a huge deal. Have you done the "old school" stuff like drop the jack and spare, loosen if not remove the front sway bar? If you at least loosen it your car will come up a bit easier off the launch and will give you a little better 60ft time. All and all we're all up against a tough enemy with the LT1's and LS1's considering they boast a solid 48 cubes from the start.

First thing, are you spinning off the line? If so drag radials will make you faster for sure and you'll probably take him. But, if you're hooking up fine then get the converter. I put a 3200 on my car which isnt a whole lot more than the stock converter and it makes a world of difference. My C4 is living on barrowed time though, but for now if i blow it out i can get a used one for 150 bucks so it's not a huge deal. Have you done the "old school" stuff like drop the jack and spare, loosen if not remove the front sway bar? If you at least loosen it your car will come up a bit easier off the launch and will give you a little better 60ft time. All and all we're all up against a tough enemy with the LT1's and LS1's considering they boast a solid 48 cubes more than us from the start. :rolleyes:

I haven't had my stang to the track so I have no idea where I'm starting at. It seems that my car either wants to bog or spin like crazy, no in between. That's why I think I need better tires, other than my 215 Road Huggers. I don't consider it to be cheating if I have better tires than him. Racin is racin! I can tell the AOD isn't made for racing because it shortshifts and there is no WOT pulling OD. I still want a shift kit, but am STILL unsure as to whether I can install it myself.

JadeFalcon said:
My my knowledge of LS1's, your going to get torn up by that 6 speed, no doubt. What you really need is a stall and some juice if you want to be sure to beat him. All that I see in your favor are gears.

I agree if it where an LS1, you would have more than a handfull. however, in 95 they had the LT1's. Still a good motor, just nothing like the LS1.

The first time I rode in my friends LS1, I was verry suprised by the pull in the higher gears.
For chits, n' giggles.. I raced him with my mid 13 sec 90 LX. I hung with him "decently" until I got to the top of third gear. Then it was all over.

Pretty serious machines they are..

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
oops..damn internet lag, posted twice... :nonono:

If you want to do it right; take EVERYTHING out of your car that weighs something. Back seat, Passenger Bucket, Console, whatever... I did it to my 86 GT this summer and picked up a .4 on my Gtech...then I did my gears and a short throw, a bit of elbow grease and a thousand dollars later my Mustang was a full second faster at the track.

Im dealing with a T5 though, so...y'know.

Got a K&N? Remember; your motor is simply an air pump.

I have a Moroso Intake with Moroso Filter. How much would a bigger mass air meter give me in the quarter? The ones where you can keep the 19lb injectors. I am going to lighten the crap out of it too, anything to give me an edge!

LT1Killa said:
I have a Moroso Intake with Moroso Filter. How much would a bigger mass air meter give me in the quarter? The ones where you can keep the 19lb injectors. I am going to lighten the crap out of it too, anything to give me an edge!
Without a larger accompanying Throttle body or other breathing upgrads, you probably won’t gain much of anything. No my friend….the next mods you should seriously consider should be head or intake. Either have the stockers ported and polished, or pick up an aftermarket set, but a MAF and T/B swap, should be secondary after those changes.

I'll look into the uppper and lower intakes. The Dart would whip some LT1 ass!! The Dart should be good for high 11's all motor and at least low 11's with the juice! I have already wooped the T/A's butt with the 340 Duster, it was great!!!

I must admit, I am a hardcore Mopar guy and I always have been! It was just recently I bought my first Ford. My whole family is "Mopar or No car," so many were against my decision to get my Mustang. I love my Mopars and my newly acquired GT equally though.