i realize this is stang site but

i have a chevy question. would it be worth the extra effort and money to drop a 383 stroker ls-1 in my first gen z/28. i am going to do this unless i get a bunch of negative feedback. i would need a donor 98 - death z28 camaro there in lies a big expense on its own, even before i get to buy the parts and machine work.

• Sponsors (?)

If your dead set on a el es juan I would just drop it in...you dont realy need a whole 98+ but just the motor/elec. from someone who is parting out one. maybe see if some company sells a 383 direct that way all you would need is the elec. side of things.

i have done quite a bit of research on this and it is going to be a time consuming
money consuming project. no different than the rest of the camaro really. fat man fab. front subframe kit complete with chrome coil overs and rack and pinion steering, detriot speed and engineering mini tub kit out back and baer brakes. along with all the body work involved. this thing just might make a magazine one day.

but i was thinking that if i get a donor car i would get the computer and all the accessories although i have to buy or modify some of the brackets. i am thinking about getting a tremec 5 speed for it. i dont like the 6 speeds, dont ask me why but i just dont like em.

sorry i have no pics. my only internet access is here at work. i dont have internet at my house because my cars are taking all my extra money at this point. once the camaro is all finished (hopefully early next year) i will post the finished product.

One of my goals for automotive stuff is to at some point in my life build a 32 3 window full fender black, fat man frame, downs or other quailty glass body, 9in, drop front axle (dont want an IFS), an ls1 on the jug and auto.

clang5oh said:
i am thinking about getting a tremec 5 speed for it. i dont like the 6 speeds, dont ask me why but i just dont like em.
First off, the idea sounds fantastic and I think an LS-1 '69 Z28 would be pretty badass.

Too bad you don't want a 6-speed. The LS-1 and T56 combo was about the only thing I thought GM got right with the last of the F-bodies. I think that limits you to a TKO tranny tho. A T5 really can't handle the power that a stock LS-1 will make, let alone a stroker LS-1. Think about the old 3rd Gen F-Bodies. If they had a 350 in 'em, the only got an automatic. Only the 305 V8s got T5s.