I think I might be crazy....

'69Mach1Chick

There's no grass left to cut.
Apr 1, 2002
North Jersey
I just bought a car. I love it but everyone else hates it. I pick it up thursday night with the trailer providing the guy gets the title on wednesday. Here is what i got so far.
I paid $3500 for it. And it will cost $200 to get it from philedelphia.
Original '69 Mach 1
numbers match for the 351 W
flat top pistons
heads
cam
3.91 rear
auto (sucks, but looking to put in a 4 or 5 spd down the road)
He is getting me all the paper work too on the engine work.
the guy wrote a good contract saying that if it doesn't run and is not able to be driven up onto the trailer i will get my deposit back. He is taking it to his shop to clean it up and put the back seat in it. He also said he is going to get the engine running because it has been sitting awhile. The shock towers have been replaced too.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a scanner and i'm not sure how to find an ended ebay auction. The guy was so great. I went into culture shock in philly seems how im a redneck from north jersey. But he gave me directions home and called later on to see if i got home ok. Sweetest guy ever and he made sure the car was how i expected it. He has 100% positive feedback on ebay and he wants to keep his rep up. I was a pain in the a$$ because my mom didn't want me to buy it. I was ready to spend 4,200 but he has lowered his reserve to 3,500 and told me it would only be fair to give it to me for that price.

You are one confusing person....

Months ago you "had to sell your car" because you got into some trouble and needed money...if I remember correctly.

Then, didnt you recently get a ticket or something and your parents made you sell your car?

Now, you are buying another mach 1??

I needed to get rid of my old car because it was my daily driver and i couldnt afford to keep it running. i got a warning and my mom took the car away from me. Thats when i sold it. Now i have an awesome job and i make loads of cash. So now i have my truck, im getting a REAL mach now, and i am looking for an old roadster project. yeah that warning sucked too. I've been pulled over like 6 times since then. Still no tickets....i love being a girl. Lmao. yeah this week i got pulled over for an illegal turn and i didnt have an insurance. Oops. i guess i will learn my lesson someday.

Hopefully, i will just work something out with my boss so i can use his shop and supplies. Then i will just patch everything and fabricate as much as i can. I have all the rest of the tools etc, that i need and a three car garage that i just finished. I got my snap on tool box all setup and im ready for my baby to come home thursday!

Heh, I was a little confused too seeing how much the situation has changed in just about a month. Yeah, um adding a roadster to the list will certainly eat up any cash that might be remaining after the Mach is done eating. I would strongly suggest you curb your excitment just a tad and concentrate on one project at a time. It would appear you have your whole life ahead of you. Just also keep in mind that weven though it seems like you are swimming in cash, you will eventually want to move out, and rent and insurance on two cars plus food utilities and everything else that comes with being on your own will leave little if any left. On top of that, no matter how deep the well seems it can dry up before you know it and you suddenly find your self in line at unemployment.

That being said (and I hope I did not rain on your parade) have fun, getting closer to your dream is a very exciting time so don't bite off more than you can chew and make sure you keep the enjoyment flowing for as long as possible. We are all eager to help you acheive your dream. :nice:

(BTW, might I suggest a lovely shade of Gulfstream Aqua when you are done? ;))
jg69a.jpg
jg69b.jpg

It's off of market street. I had my friend drive me. That's all i know. I'm not building a show car you guys...lol. Im painting it a fine epoxy primer. I'm going flat black and fixing as little as possible on this car. I'm doing what my boss calls a rat rod. The roadster im looking for im taking to wyotech as my project. I'll probably just keep it in the garage till january when i leave. By the way, chepsk8t, are you going to the orange county chopper's thing on this friday?

WOW, I wish I could find a deal like that. Im in Philly restoring a 1973 mach 1 probally into a BOSS 351 clone. It can be a scary place in some area's, Market street is part of my dad's police district.

Jim