I think I might be crazy....

Lol, i'm not one for flashy colors, but if I did do a show car it would be the aqua color or metallic silver w/ a few clear coats. I am hoping the title comes tomorow so i can pick her up tomorow night. i think i might name her Claudia.

• Sponsors (?)

Why is it that some people expect you to restore a car just like it was before and look down on you if you try to make it more road worthy with todays standards. I told a guy at the local mustang shop about my modification plans and he nearly had a cow. I just don't get it.........

My boss is fine with me doing whatever i like to the car. At the shop we do everything from restoring to original specs to chopping, tubbing, etc. I am deciding wether or not i am going to put a shelby spoiler on the back. I was going to do this on a 69 fastback but now that i have a real mach 1 i don't know where the line is. Some people say to mod it however you want but for others, they think that anything outside of stock is distasteful.

Route666 said:
Ok, well since no-one else seems to be backing up candy red, I'm going to reinforce it :D

attachment.php

If this car was a girl, I'd smooch her like an apple eating a mule. Or something like that.

This is the color I want on my 1973 mach 1 (Boss 351 clone) with blackout hood, The only problem is I heard candy apple red is an expensive paintjob. :shrug:

Jim

1973mach1 said:
This is the color I want on my 1973 mach 1 (Boss 351 clone) with blackout hood, The only problem is I heard candy apple red is an expensive paintjob. :shrug:

Jim

The difference in the cost of materials is nominal compared to the total price of a paint job. I surely wouldn't let that stand in the way of getting the color you want.

[QUOTE='69Mach1Chick]My boss is fine with me doing whatever i like to the car. At the shop we do everything from restoring to original specs to chopping, tubbing, etc. I am deciding wether or not i am going to put a shelby spoiler on the back. I was going to do this on a 69 fastback but now that i have a real mach 1 i don't know where the line is. Some people say to mod it however you want but for others, they think that anything outside of stock is distasteful.[/QUOTE]

The Sportsroof/fastback body style already has a duck tail type spoiler on it, not much different at all from the shelby one. What would be the point of that? :scratch: I have thought of adding one to my vert, but that's because it was only available on the Shelby vert, not the mustang.

OK they are different. The shelby one is higher but i decided not to do that because i would like to keep the stock spoiler and it would be too much to have both. I am thinking about the scoops for the sides though.