I think I need a new starter

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
My starter started acting up badly today. It will start up fine the first time, but after I've drove the car some and it stalls or I shut it off and start it back up right away, it just barely gets the car running again and takes at least 7 seconds to turn the engine over. My starter has been rebuild about 6 months ago... Should I be in the market for a new, more powerful starter?

• Sponsors (?)

I had a rebuilt one tested at Autozone cause it didn't seem to operate correctly. Sure enough, it failed the test. I picked up one from them and they tested it in front of me before the purchase. No problem. Been about two years now, too.

New is always good. The advice above is good to follow.

Ouch man, sorry to hear about your starter. I agree with everyone else. I hear it every once-in-a-while at work when you leave, and it doesn't sound like it starts that well, it usually takes three or so seconds to start. I always wondered about that, but now that you mentioned it, I guess you may need a new one. Good luck. Let me know what you do.

You could just go to their web site...I think it's 4alterstart dot com and call the guy there...I think it's William (or Bill or Billy or Mack or something :lol: ) When you call him..tell him the dude that bought the Mustang Chrome Alternator a few weeks ago sent you. He will give you the buy it now price, and you dont have to wait for the EBay stuff...He will process right away.
RC

Thanks RC. I'll see how it does today and tomorrow. If its still acting up I'll go ahead and give him a call. It started acting up after I washed my engine, so maybe it was a little wet still and will work fine, or how it was, now that its dry.

You could try one of those mini high torque starters that is in the ford racing catolog, i was thinkin about installing one because my peice that spins the fly wheel doesn't return when it should all the time, they were around 200 bucks i think