I want one, now.

Cars last as long as the person taking care of them. If you don't maintain it and beat on it all the time, then it's not going to last whether it's an import or a domestic.

I had my '93 lx 4 cylinder for 11 years now. 140,000 miles later, the only things i have ever changes was 2 altenators and a water pump. It was still running strong (if you can actually say that) until i pulled it last year. :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

One Wicked SVT said:
Dude, its true.

GM's are total CRAP, rated JUNK, along with FORD's.

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AROUND AND NOTICE THAT ALMOST EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEIR CAR!

Make a tally and ADD UP the MY CAR DOESNT RUN/BROKEN vs the IM SO HAPPY WITH MY CAR threads.

MY CAR DOESNT RUN/BROKEN will win hands down. LOL READ THE 2005 FORUMS! ITS INSANE!

HOW many members are on this site alone?

Lets stroll into the EXPLORERS forum and add theirs in as well.

blah... its not outdated. Until they figure out that they can actually SAVE MONEY by doing things right, then they will be rated at a higher quality other than JUNK.

Personally I love my 'stangs... but my HONDA with 115,000 on the clock runs with ZERO PROBLEMS and has yet to be in a shop for anything other than the routine shocks/struts/brakes/oil.

Not knocking FORD's or anything as I personally love them, im just expressing my view/facts on things.

Theres a reason for the low 3yr/36000 warranty...

Links to the JUNK RATING ARTICLES:

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/cuts6e_20050506.htm

http://www.webpronews.com/business/topbusiness/wpn-54-20050506FordGMNoBetterThanJunk.html

No offense, but your head is so far up your ass you might as well give yourself a self-colonoscopy.

People here were discussing QUALITY OF CARS.

You bring up articles on Ford and GM's CREDIT RATING, which anyone with a rudimentary business education knows has nothing to do with the quality of cars themselves, but with how good they are at turning a profit.

A car company could make the best cars in the world, but if they're not meeting market forecasts or improving their bottom line, their CREDIT RATING is going to be sh***y.

Have you ever thought that the average 94-95 Mustang might be driven a wee bit harder than your 115,000 mile Honda grocery-getter? Or that this message board is devoted to people who think doing an H/C/I swap, power-adder install, and/or bolt-ons on their Mustang is NORMAL, none of which I'm guessing your 115,000 mile Honda grocery-getter has?

But don't take my word when I say that American cars have gotten much better today as far as reliability and quality than, say, the 80s-early 90s.

Here's the 2005 J.D. Power & Associates Initial Quality Report:

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/news,view.spy?artid=41041&pg=2

For an illustration that a company can do poorly in the spreadsheets but still make some pretty good cars, check out what the article had to say:

"Having said all that, it must be noted that Toyota and General Motors took 15 of the 18 top model segment awards, with the Japanese firm earning 10 and the American firm five."

GM's making some decent vehicles - they just can't make a buck at it for trying.

Scroll down to the bottom of the article and it has, by manufacturer, the # of problems reported in the first 90 days of new car ownership per 100 vehicles.

Lexus tops the list, as it has for a long time now, at 81 problems/100 vehicles. Ford's Jaguar division takes a nice 2nd place at 88 problems, but here's a nice surprise: both Buick and Cadillac beat Toyota, with 100 and 104 problems versus 105 problems with Toyotas.

There's the Japan fan favorite Honda beating the industry average of 118 problems with 112, but right on its heels are GMC and Lincoln at 113 problems apiece - which beats out Acura, with 116 problems.

So let's get to the point - we're discussing getting a new Subaru after all, so how do they fare? Down at the bottom of the list, new Subaru owners reported 138 problems for every 100 vehicles. New Chevy and Ford owners, by the way, only reported 127 problems. Since the original subject was STIs, how did their competitor Mitsubishi do? 129 problems for every 100 vehicles - the same as the much-beat-upon Pontiac brand.

So what, you say, this is an initial quality survey. How do these cars fare after 3-4 years?

Here's JD Power and Associates' 2004 Long-term Dependability Report:

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0407/04/autos-198392.htm

Problems per 100 vehicles, here are the top 5:

Lexus 162, Buick 187, Infiniti 189, Lincoln 194, Cadillac 196. Three of the five, which must be said, are American brands.

Subaru is at 288 problems. Chevy and Ford are at 262 and 276 problems, respectively. Mitsubishi is near the bottom of the barrel at 327 problems.

In summary, the continued Japanese reputation for superior quality is built on a single company, Toyota/Lexus, who happens to be the Man when it comes to Quality Control in production. Take away the Toyota/Lexus juggernaut, and American brands would on average be faring pretty close to even with their Japanese counterparts on average, and American brands are already doing better than Korean/European brands.

P.S. Oh yeah, do you know which automobile took 3rd Place in JD Power's 2005 Initial Quality Report, Sporty Cars segment? The new 2005 Ford Mustang.

One Wicked SVT said:
Dude, its true.

GM's are total CRAP, rated JUNK, along with FORD's.

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AROUND AND NOTICE THAT ALMOST EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEIR CAR!

Make a tally and ADD UP the MY CAR DOESNT RUN/BROKEN vs the IM SO HAPPY WITH MY CAR threads.

MY CAR DOESNT RUN/BROKEN will win hands down. LOL READ THE 2005 FORUMS! ITS INSANE!

HOW many members are on this site alone?

Lets stroll into the EXPLORERS forum and add theirs in as well.

blah... its not outdated. Until they figure out that they can actually SAVE MONEY by doing things right, then they will be rated at a higher quality other than JUNK.

Personally I love my 'stangs... but my HONDA with 115,000 on the clock runs with ZERO PROBLEMS and has yet to be in a shop for anything other than the routine shocks/struts/brakes/oil.

Not knocking FORD's or anything as I personally love them, im just expressing my view/facts on things.

Theres a reason for the low 3yr/36000 warranty...

Links to the JUNK RATING ARTICLES:

maybe if you opend your eyes you would notice that people dont make threads about when there car runs great b/c theres really no point. People ask questions and want help when there is something wrong. There are pleanty of stangs running around w/ 0 problems and lots of miles. Most of the prob's that are posted are nothing serious to begin with.

My stang has almost 130,000 miles and Ive never had it break down and for the past 3 yrs its seen alot of modifications........cheack the sig

Dude, check out the 2005 forums...

nuff said.

LOL! MY HEAD IS UP MY ASS????????????????????????

Listen, fact of the matter is, YOU get all tingly in your ass like you just drank a whole bottle of serious hot sauce, just cuz one dude wants to buy an import.

WOOPDY DOO!!!

If he wants to, good for him. Shoulda been a GOODLUCK WITH YOUR FUTURE BUY... or something.

So to the original poster:

GOODLUCK WITH ANY FUTURE VEHICLE PURCHASE.

One Wicked SVT said:
Dude, check out the 2005 forums...

nuff said.

LOL! MY HEAD IS UP MY ASS????????????????????????

Listen, fact of the matter is, YOU get all tingly in your ass like you just drank a whole bottle of serious hot sauce, just cuz one dude wants to buy an import.

WOOPDY DOO!!!

If he wants to, good for him. Shoulda been a GOODLUCK WITH YOUR FUTURE BUY... or something.

So to the original poster:

GOODLUCK WITH ANY FUTURE VEHICLE PURCHASE.
I love how the people that you are arguing with use facts and articles whose information is based on study and they clearly outwit you and all you do is rant and rave....I would say round one clearly goes to the defenders of American makes...better come up with some actual FACTS to back up you import loving opinion..

Yea I got a good one for you...

F-OFF.

If the kid WANTS a car, he can buy whatever car he wants without being nuked by ANTI-IMPORT crews.

I think he is smart enough to NOT rice the living hell out of it.

And if the vehicle works better for him, let it be.

Well I've been into imports since I could drive up until recently so im not gonna bash a person who wants to "experiment" with them. But I can say that import will get boring fast and you will be running back to the balls of an American muscle car fast. Your say you dont care for all that speed and that you cant use it but when your topped out with the WRX and your budget is limited you will come back. The thing that really erks me the most is the guys on here that do own a stang and say its a pos compared to an import wtf!? :shrug:. I thought this was supposed to be an Mustang Enthusiast forum not a owner self hate forum. If you hate your stang quit your crying. Sell it and go elsewhere. :notnice:

Swarzkopf said:
All the evidence you need to see why you should keep your 5.0 and not get an STI:

http://69.164.179.31:8192//simon/newcar/race04b.avi

1995 Mustang GT with modifications- $7500
2005 WRX STI- $30,000

Smoking your friends brand new $30,000 sports car with your 10 year old piece of **** that was 1/6 of the cost: PRICELESS!

This is true.

$30,000 STi running in a dead heat with a POS $2000 geared 87 notch with 180,000 miles on the clock.

kristopher said:
Well I've been into imports since I could drive up until recently so im not gonna bash a person who wants to "experiment" with them. But I can say that import will get boring fast and you will be running back to the balls of an American muscle car fast. Your say you dont care for all that speed and that you cant use it but when your topped out with the WRX and your budget is limited you will come back. The thing that really erks me the most is the guys on here that do own a stang and say its a pos compared to an import wtf!? :shrug:. I thought this was supposed to be an Mustang Enthusiast forum not a owner self hate forum. If you hate your stang quit your crying. Sell it and go elsewhere. :notnice:

I don't think you know what your saying. First off, I never said my car was a pos. Second, sure this is a mustang enthusiast site, but hell we can't even talk good about other cars w/o getting bashed? Only liking one type of car and dismissing all others is close minded and ignorant. This site is cool because a lot of you are not mustang nazis, please don't make me change my mind.

And it's not just going from american to import. There are many other factors such as AWD. I live in an area where it snows a lot and my Mustang just isn't practical to have as a daily driver so I don't see where you make your point that I was crying. If you want to start a flamming war, do it on another thread, don't fill this one with your bs.