I was threatened over the phone by John at Mustang Specialti

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm sure some of you remember, I had an incident with some unauthorized repair work on my Saleen at Mustang Specialties.

Their address is:
Mustang Specialties
1401 Dixie Highway
Pompano Beach, Fl

Here's their website:
Mustang Specialties - Home

Here's a link to the original thread:
Bad to worse: Terrible repair ordeal... - ModularFords.com

Cliff's Notes:
They quoted me a 400-500 dollar repair and when I went to pick up the car they handed me a bill for 1800 dollars. They put another business name on the receipt, removed the tax from the invoice, and knocked off a few more bucks to try to make it go away.

After the call I received yesterday afternoon, I just want to give you all a quick update.

I contacted John at Mustang Specialties after the start of the original post. I asked Jay03 to remove that post based on promises made by John @ Specialties and what I thought was a committment to reach some sort of resolution.

At that time, he committed to doing the following things:
1. Give me back an additional $250 dollars.
2. Replace my Predator under warranty, keep it since it'd be brand new, and give me an SCT tuner for my 98 Cobra.

I called him a few weeks after the fact to follow up and he changed his story completely.

He changed his offer to:
1. A 250 dollar CREDIT at Mustang Specialties
2. Returning to my Predator after having been refurbished. (For all I know, they broke it in the first place.)

So, I didn't make a scene or big deal out of him going back on his word. I simply thanked him, hung up the phone, and filed three complaints.

1. Better Business Bureau.
2. Florida Department of Consumer Affairs/Protection
3. Florida Attorney General to report the tax violation regarding how they used another business name to "save me the tax."

I also called my bank and Charged back the money. They denied the claim based on the fact that I signed the receipt. (I had no choice. It was pay or not get my car back.) Anyway...

Fast forward to yesterday, and I got a call from John @ Mustang Specialties again.

Without boring you with a long story, he threatened me over the phone.

I explained to him that I am, by most accounts, a man of his word. If I make an agreement, I stick to it. He didn't, since he delivered on none of the promises he made to me, so all bets are off.

He clearly lost his temper and his exact words were, "You'd better do some research. This is my livelyhood and you don't know me. You don't know what I'll do, so you don't know who you're f'ing with."

I'm going to file a complaint with the police today regarding the threat.

Honestly, me I'm not worried about, but I've got a family that includes small kids. I'm not in a position to mess around with some guy who can very easily look me up in the phone book and do god knows what to my family.

So, I want to make sure I go on record with this in the event something crazy happens.

I think at this point it's all a matter for the courts to handle and decide.

Thanks for listening,

Alan

• Sponsors (?)

I started to read that thread on Modular Asshats but I just couldnt get through it. Thise guys are some of the biggest douchebags I have ever seen on a forum. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them...Unfortunately those guys seem to fall into the Stereotypical 05 know it alls.

Best of luck in getting this resolved.

I had a look at the other thread and the prices etc for the things they actually did seem reasonable. The labour time/cost etc don't seem bad either. It seems as though you were prepared to pay for the a dyno session somewhere else which is now unnecessary. It doesn't seem like you know if the Predator actually worked with your car when you bought it second hand so maybe the original owner is the one you should be pissed at. I agree that these guys should have talked you through everything before they started in but if your car is now running well and things are fixed properly, cut the best friendly deal you can, maybe get some of the charges spread out over time, and move on. Like someone else said, you own a modded high performance car - and that comes with a price. For most of the mods I do, I double the cost and time estimate and still find that I usually underestimate what the final numbers will be - and I do almost all my work myself. This is an expensive hobby where $1000 here and $1000 there will be the norm - get used to it or you'll be constantly aggravated. Who needs that?

Don't bring your stang to this place

Yeah,this is all too familiar.This is the most un-professional,half-assed "specialty"shops you'll find.They did the same thing with my car.I took it in for simple motor work.They took over a month to do the work,my engine leaks oil from every gasket surface,they missed putting on hose clamps,they charged me $125 for a set of rings that came with my piston set,and after all that,they blew up my transmission.

I challenge anyone to visit this shop.It's 10,000 square feet if you add up the entire property.Thru my many visits there i frequently stumbled over **** sitting anywhere.On top of all that,my tranny blew up again.I told them it was leaking(they got the parts to fix my trans after they blew it up,then hit my insurance company for a supplement)supplied my car and a new gasket,but they couldn't do it for me.

Never never take your pony there.The owner is as shady as a tree,and the rest of the shop smokes trees.Mustang Specialties--Carma is a B ain't it??

Threatening you? That guy must be ready to get into some serious trouble.

Of course, even with threats, it's your word against his without any evidence there's really nothing the police can do.

I don't sweat people and their threats man. #1 job is to protect the family.

Bring it on baby....

Good luck though man

Attachments

• beretta_92.jpg
    beretta_92.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 96
MUSTANG SPECIALTIES

ok, so I blew up my 95 COBRA and I took it to Specialties.

They not only fixed the car, but restored it.

The car is so quick I am scared to drive it.

Yeah they charged me money to work on it, but at the end of the day John and Tim took care of the car and me.

The car is so quick it chirps in every gear. Its a freaking monster.

I understand that John may have yelled at you, he yelled at me, but he isnt a customer service rep, he builds race cars.

The fact is if you want customer service take your car to a Ford dealer.

You want a full blown race car that will blow the doors off and break your kneck take it to Specialties.

They are the ****zle my nizzle. And FYI who states on a Mustang blog that the people there smoke trees, if you know that you are obviously an inside guy that prob got fired cause you couldnt fix a motor.

I am a real person and I was seriously taken care of, Like I said I paid for it, but it was worth it.

Thank you JR and Tim for the stand up job.

And JR you had every right to yell, what do I know about motors, only how to make them explode really!

Take care team!!:flag:

motor work

oh yeah, FYI they built me a sweet 347 stroker. Tuned it so that I could burn through a set of tires in a week and a tank of gas in a day.

Seriously, if you are a real person, not a DB I would at least bring your car there to check it out and get some real advice.

You get what you pay for and if you want something done right you gotta go to the pros.

Ford cant do what they do, either can STEEDA...

Team Specialties gets 5 out of 5 stars from me.

Thanks again, now give me a free oil change.

Really, I expect one from writing this.

I will come collect in a month.

REAL PERSON

i am a real customer. I am sticking up for them. Sorry you had a bad experiance, but I felt I had to say something since mine was good.

You dont like them move on with yourself.

They hooked me up big time.:flag:

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Listen, I can appreciate that both our names are Park, maybe a relative that I never met, either way, I am real, I am happy, and my car does chirp every gear.

I have a white 95 COBRA that was rebuilt. I had this car since I was 18 yr old. I am now 30. I live in south florida and i have been using specialties for years.

Like I said, my car is sick, your maybe not so much.

But at the end of the day I am a real customer, not an insider, and I am happy with there service.

I LOOKED AT THE BBB AND THEY HAVE A B+.

if you got this far onto this blog you can obviuosly use a computer so go there an look, I have no reason to lie. Now back up off my lug nutts.:flag:

restore

i had them fix the entire car from A/c to motor to electrical to tuning.

I had Gulfcoast Collision down the street for the Pearl White paint job on my monster.

Please call Mark Stanley at 954-650-8832 for an insane paint job for any insane price.

Its a "family" business that will take care of its loyal customers.

My car, with ONLY a 347 will crap all over your musty stang.

PEACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.