IAC location?

I remember reading some threads about the car dying after it starts right away and the past couple of mornings mine has dont that. I searched the forums and read that most people say its the IAC, my problem is im not sure what it is or where it is on the motor. If someone could tell me what it is and where it is, or even a picture I think i will try to clean mine to see if it helps. Thanks in advance.

B.

• Sponsors (?)

iac.jpg

Attachments

• iac.jpg
    iac.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 687
erratic idle..... heres the symptoms.....

have 98 cobra, after having combustion chamber cleaner mistakingly sprayed into throttle body im having trouble with idle. While driving i can shove the clutch in and instead of the rpms going back down to idle it surges from 1000-1200...It will keep doing this until vehicle speed goes below 20 mph....I removed the IAC and cleaned out excess carbon...No improvement... Any help is appreciated.

Cleaning my IAC did work for me. Car wouldn't idle (of course) and would only keep running if I held the throttle down a little. As a temporary fix I had to stick a piece of an old credit card in where the throttle linkage is to keep it from going all the way back to idle position. When I figured out it was the IAC I just unbolted it and cleaned it out with carb cleaner. It's worked like a champ since.