identifying which head/cam goes on which side???

thyreaper

Jun 11, 2011
ok i have a set of pi heads that just came back from the shop they are fully assembled and the cam sprockets are off of them, im wondering how do i tell which head/cam goes on which side???? are the cams the same and it dont matter?? im thinking these are romeo heads because of the removable cam sprockets and the ladder type tower on the top and i only count 9 bolt holes in the top of the head for the valve covers (which 2 more in the front that go in the timing cover would make them 11 bolt right?) but ya how can i tell which one goes to which side

• Sponsors (?)

The cams are not the same. If you install the cams on the wrong side, you will have several of extra paper weights.

I am pretty certain the heads won't bolt onto the wrong side due to differences in water/oil passages, head bolt locations and the timing cover, but if you want to know for sure, just do some searches for information on the part numbers of your heads on google.

they both are RF1L2E-6090 and D24D so i dont know how to tell them apart from side to side and i did some research that number will be the same because the heads are swapable from side to side just everything is reversed... but when i stack them up seeing how the cams are facing i dont think i can put them on backwards haha..... the intake ports go to the inside with the cams facing foward so ya... but id like to find out if these cams are aftermarket or not i bought these used and had them machined...