Idle Problems(TFS Stage 1)

88-GT

Oct 8, 2004
Well low and behold I finally finish the new motor and I cant get it to idle, but not in the general sence that others have expierienced. I have the base timing set at 16 degrees, and seems to be where the car likes it the most. If I try setting the base idle with the IAC disconnected it idles fine, I can rev it it comes back down, everything seems fine, I try to drive it and if I stall it all goes to ****. When I try to start it, it will start right away then on the downstroke die, everytime it surges I have to stab the gas to keep it running.

It seems like unless the idle is brought down gently via the throttle plate adjusting screw, it wont idle. Even beyond stalling, even off on with the key brings similar results.

Any thoughts? My next step is going to be to try a new IAC, and hope for the best. Then maybe to an IAC adjuster, either way, this sucks.:shrug:

Mill:
TFS top end kit
Probe 9.3:1 srs pistons
BBK 70mm TB and EGR(loud as hell)
C&L 73mm

Thanks in advance. :D

• Sponsors (?)

zero the throttle screw out and install a new i.a.c if it still does turn the screw until you get it just right.

or you can cut a small piece out of the iac gasket in the middle to let air in. not much just a little. and if need be trim more.

these are methods i have used, so they are not hard core tested just some i have found to work fo rme. not neccisarilly the correct fix.