idle problems

crookman10

May 14, 2007
:hail2:I just did a h/c/i change trick flow, 70mm egr & tb 1" spacer 30 lb injectors c&l cai w 30lb calibration tube 190lph fuel pump have fuel pressure set at 35psi and timing set at 10 degrees. it wont idle longer that 1 minute when its warm id say 3 or 4 min. when cold, I checked for vac. leaks all good changed o2 sensors and didnt help. tps and iac sensors are brand new came with tb could it be a map sensor i just replaced icm over the winter. please help i want to get this on the road and see what it has:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

when you say it won't idle for longer than a min or so, are you saying it's dying or starts to surge? yes a map sensor can cause idle problems. bump the fp back up to 38-40. what brand IAC do you have? the reason i ask, as most people on here including me will tell you, aftermarket parts store IACs are junk. mine gave me idle problems the whole time i had an oreilly's one on there, surging and stalling on decelleration. switched it back to my ORIGINAL ford one after i cleaned it out and cured both problems. just something to keep in mind. start the car and unplug the IAC and see how the car reacts. also, is the TPS set to .98-.99v? a bit more info might help.

Check for vaccume leaks again, but do it with some starting fluid spray around all your intake manifold gaskets and vaccume ports, just be carefull and do it on a cool engine....it will rev slightly if it has a small leak.