if i cant get this thing running right im about to hang up the towel.

louieb

Jul 13, 2012
if i cant get this thing running right im about to hang up the towel.

i had a rocker arm stud break on exhaust valve. after pulling it apart 5 times i get it running.
300 hundred miles later the intake stud breaks. what is the deal with that?

The stud broke on the intake side this time. the one i replaced is fine. they are side by side.
also same thing happened when it broke, i was idling in dunken donuts waiting on a bagel, and i hear it snap. this time tons of smoke. i pulled the intake off again, and yup broken.
inside the intake was unburned fuel also,

any suggestions, thanks. any one wanna trade? i don't have money or time to pull heads off this thing and fix it right. i lost everything to the sandy storm, and im sitting in a hotel. i need my car fixed, and fixed right.

any one close to NJ ocean grove?

• Sponsors (?)

AFR heads are known for weak rocker studs i broke one too, after checking pushrod it was not bent i replaced AFR studs with ARP studs never had another problem

I could refer you to a mustang shop pretty local.
It will for sure be fixed right, but it won't be free unfortunately.

What my worry would be is that there is a deeper reason for the studs breaking.

Hopefully they are just poorly adjusted, but i've seen so many cars come and go over the years that people thought they just had minor problems and they turned out to be bigger.

I'd offer my personal help as for i've seen the shore damage first hand, unfortunately i'm no expert on adjusting valvetrain and i couldn't guarantee it would come out any better than you have done.