if i wanted to do a 331 with superchager?

• Sponsors (?)

What the hell is wrong with you people... oh... I know. You went with a blower instead of a turbo :D :lol: My car idles/drives not far from stock.

And to the OP, with a 331 kit you should probably free up the engine's ability to breath. Stock heads and intakes are like breathing through a straw. AFR185s or ported TFS heads would be excellent. Something like a Performer RPMII would be a good accompanying intake.

Once you've got a monster engine, you're going to snap the stock tranny like a twig, so go with a built 5 or 6 speed or if auto then have someone build an auto that'll handle the torque. The stock clutch will not take any such abuse either. A Spec stageIII+ is what I've got in my car and it's handling the power for now.

Your rear end is next. The stock 28 spline axles are fine until you put some stick meats on the rear wheels. They're not going to last long when you're doing kidney-punching launches on slicks or ET Streets. So basically you have to put some thought into the whole drivetrain once you're looking at more than about 300 rwhp.

Good luck,

Chris

Chris