Roush If you could own 1 Saleen...

I agree with Dennis.

An 06 E would be nice if they could ever just get even one protoype "E" motor completely built and in a car. Damn. I snooped at the show and the "E" car is still waiting to come off the shelf.

• Sponsors (?)

s351rspeedster said:
That's a really tough question????????
Besides the twin S351's sitting in my garage :p

I would have to say the 1997 BASF Extreme SR Widebody that was sitting in the old show room on Whatney........Quoting a spectator at the LA auto show when it was introduced: "That car is the *hit, its an orgasim on wheels!!! How could you look at that and not have a woody???" :nice:

attachment.php

I am with Robert on this one. I have been lusting after this car ever since I saw it on the front cover of an issue of MM&FF back in '97 and every time I saw it in the showroom on Whatney.

Tim Allen's old RRR model would be my second choice.

My dream Saleen is a 99 Yellow S351. Only 2 made. I wanted this car for such a long time and one never came available, so I purchased a 95 S351 in June so my husband and I have a matched set. And to kill a girls dreams last week my dream car gets listed on Ebay!!! Well I can't afford two so now all I can do is sit and watch it slip away.. OUCH!! :( It did not meet reserve and sell so who knows its fate?? I guess things hapen for a reason-so I keep telling myself anyways.

View attachment 503863

I probally would want a bright atlantic blue '98 S351, R code of course. But my moms laser red '95 S351 #05 is sweet too.
But I'm completely happy with my 9 second '88 Saleen #207. Someone offered me $60k a couple of years ago for it and I did'nt even consider selling it. I told the guy. Why would I want to sell it. My favorite car is a mustang.My favorite mustang is a saleen. Why would i want to get rid of a 9 second saleen. Afterall in my opinion the only car better than a 9 second saleen is a 7 or 8 second saleen!! And hopefully with the changes planned for the winter it will be a 8 second saleen by next summer :D

Quazimodo said:
I probally would want a bright atlantic blue '98 S351, R code of course. But my moms laser red '95 S351 #05 is sweet too.
But I'm completely happy with my 9 second '88 Saleen #207. Someone offered me $60k a couple of years ago for it and I did'nt even consider selling it. I told the guy. Why would I want to sell it. My favorite car is a mustang.My favorite mustang is a saleen. Why would i want to get rid of a 9 second saleen. Afterall in my opinion the only car better than a 9 second saleen is a 7 or 8 second saleen!! And hopefully with the changes planned for the winter it will be a 8 second saleen by next summer :D

I agree with you. What's better than a 9 sec Saleen than a 7-8 sec. Saleen. Always loved your white fox. My 89-0028 dreams of being just like yours. We will all be watching your "winter" progress. :nice:

My Dream Saleen doesnt exist... Yet... I'm drooling over the Shelby power train for 07 So as long as I'm dreaming I guess it would have to bean 05 body style Saleen with the 07 shelby powertrain stuffed in there.

sal07b said:
The BASF "Mystic Edition" S351 vert at the bottom of this link, hands down:

http://www.bryanweatherup.com/Saleen.html

You beat me to it! I remember oogling this car at the 20th MCA Anniversary celebration in Atlanta 1996. They had it on a turntable and as it rotated, the colors just popped. I had some great pics of it, but my ex took my photo album(packed up with her stuff by accident) and I've never seen her again(lucky me). I then remember seeing it again around 98 or 99 at a "Mustang Museum" Rally, it was dressed down(stripped of the show cars parts) and was being driven. I have not seen it since.
It was and still is a very sweet ride.

Maybe one of those 03 special white verts with the big black primer spot on the hood and the "stupid" basket handle attached to the speedster cover... :D

... just like #07 sitting in my garage.