If you could tell Ford what to 'touch up' on the 05...

007 said:
I dont want to see mufflers hanging down under them bumper like a freakin accord or something.

If an Uber-expensive BMW M5 has "mufflers hanging down under them bumper like a freakin accord or something", I'm not sure why it's such a big deal on a $25K Mustang. :shrug:

bmwm505_06_1024.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

We finally have a good clean, mature design that doesn't need tacked-on fake scoops and such, and everyone wants to clutter it up again? :shrug:

I realize the GT is a little tame with the hood completely flat, but reserve the hood scoops for functional shakers on a Mach, or the SVT, etc. Maybe make it an option on the GT later. Leave the sides alone! It's part of marketing also - you aren't going to get everything they have planned in the first couple of years. They have cars to sell for the entire model run.

one2gamble said:
i would tell them to build the concept ;). But seriously I would like a little harder edge on the hockey stick like the concept and I would like to ditch the plastic cover over the headlights (the gt-r's were awesome) and I would try some different hoods for the GT and above.

People, people, it's the first release of this model. It'll only get better. It'll get more agressive with subtle changes over time to enhance the visual experience. The very first Mustang was rather tame compared to what followed.

But yeah, ditch those silly plastic covers over the head lights. :nonono:

Wider wheels and cooler tires. Deep dish, baby!

Just a few minor things:

The shouldn't link the side airbags to the interior upgrade. Why not just make them standard?

Not sure how I feel about the plastic covers over the headlights. Seems like that could have been handled differently.

Do something else with the antenna.

No lame prop rod for the hood.

Hide the mufflers a bit better.

Body colored mirrors.

Get those 18" wheels out in a hurry!

I think the center console could flow a bit better and on the whole I think the interior could look a bit less disco and have less chrome, but I'm not overly concerned.

And I'm really hoping for popup rollbars in the vert.

That's about it. Otherwise I think they did an outstanding job. :flag:

1. Softer plastic on the dash & door panels.

2. Lower the console, it seems to high to me.

3. Hidden radio antenna

4. Gas Struts on the hood instead of prop rod.

5. Body Colored Mirrors

6. Heated & Cooled seats (optional)

7. Dual Zone Climate Control (optional)

8. DVD Navigation system (optional)

9. HID headlamps (optional)

10. Built in Sirius Satellite Radio (optional)

11. IRS (optional)

12. Audio system that you could plug in digital memory sticks or IPOD so you could forget about CDs.

13. Telescoping Steering wheel

14. SST shifter with ATX trannie

15. Advance Track (Optional)

16. Different wheels than the optional GT wheels.

17. 18" wheel / tire option.

18. Make the GT driving lamps smaller

19. Factory painted Shelby - LeMans stripe option on GT

20. Replace that ugly, clunky ATX T-handle shifter with a regular knob and lever.

21. SEs like Mach 1, Bullitt, etc. but this is a whole different topic.

I would make the rear-end/taillight area more aggressive looking. I love the look of my current 'stang in that department. The other thing I would change . . . I like the way the exhaust pipes look when they're jutting out from under the bumper as in an old Fox LX coupe, but the exhaust system is begging for a little more "presence".

Other than that, though, two thumbs up. I can't get over how sleek the side panels look, or the roofline.