I'm Bored with Mustangs...

To me it sounds like you have talked yourself into an 05+ model, but the question is, for how long will you truly be happy with it? Mods aren't exactly cheap on those and it seems that just about everything requires a tune. Bottom line is you're still playing with a 281 that won't pull out of the hole like a 6L pushrod will.

If you want cheap thrills, buy a used sport bike. If your not into plastic fantastics, then get something like a ZRX1200, Bandit 1250 (or 1200) has a little plastic, or an early 80's muscle bike like a Suzi GS1100. They ran bone stock low 11's and with just a few mods were running mid 10's. Best part is if you are just cruising, they get between 40-50 mpg on average and use 87 octane. Ride all weekend for less than 20 bucks.

If you go the Fox route, spend the money on a good one. For example, doing it all over, I should have bought one that someone else took a 50% loss on because that's about all you get for your mods. Thinking you can build it faster for cheaper is misconception.

Clean Foxes are demanding a higher value now...I've been watching the market carefully these last few years, a few good deals are had about once a month on here and touted, but locally, like you've stated, one that is even worth the time to go and take a peak at is 6500 plus.

Foxes will be the next '55 Chevy's, they don't do anything well other than that of bringing people back to a happy place inside themselves.

• Sponsors (?)

hahahah that's the truth! plus you'd probably break 15 plastic clips that are a dealer only replacement during the install. just thought it might have been something you hadn't considered

I would love to do it and thanks for the suggestion, but each of those 15 plastic clips are probably between $5.99-$19.99 to replace. BMWs just seem like they could break the mod bank before you even had time to wash and wax it!

buy a convertible, i got bored with my 95 hard top, and 3 years later bought my vert, its a whole different feel, at least i think so, i drove my buddys hardtop the other day and i couldnt wait to get out of it, even though its a bad ass car.

Was thinking about a convertible today with it being such a nice day. I have heard conflicting stories about how to care for them though.

When I was younger I had a 1991 Mustang Vert...4 cylinder, and around town it was fine, but get on the highway and the driver side window would bow out away from the car, so the highway is something the car only saw once.

I saw a black BMW M3 today and it sounded really nice, but after doing some research I know I would not be happy with a "stock" car. I have looked at Grand Prix GTPs again, Miatas, SRT-4s, and even a Lightning, and an SVT Contour. I am still as unsure as I was when I started this thread what I want to do next. The Mustang hasn't moved in the last 3+ weeks, but I did start it and let it get up to operating temperature. I stood behind it and thought about what it might be like to throw some blower cams on it with a supercharger! I am planning to drive a black 06 GT tomorrow.

I saw a black BMW M3 today and it sounded really nice, but after doing some research I know I would not be happy with a "stock" car. I have looked at Grand Prix GTPs again, Miatas, SRT-4s, and even a Lightning, and an SVT Contour. I am still as unsure as I was when I started this thread what I want to do next. The Mustang hasn't moved in the last 3+ weeks, but I did start it and let it get up to operating temperature. I stood behind it and thought about what it might be like to throw some blower cams on it with a supercharger! I am planning to drive a black 06 GT tomorrow.

Everyone is going to have a different option for ya.

I personally wouldn't go with a Lightning due to the auto only.
I've never heard a single good thing about the SVT contour.

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to keep my car for a few years and mod it, or get the newer body style, 2005-2009.

I personally wouldn't go with a Lightning due to the auto only.

In reality I am not so much concerned about that as I am worried that it would be kind of a one dimensional vehicle and incapable of handling some winding roads!

I've never heard a single good thing about the SVT contour.

I drive one once and I enjoyed the car and thought it was fun, it really is kind of a sleeper car especially if you can find one of the few that got an aftermarket supercharger.

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to keep my car for a few years and mod it, or get the newer body style, 2005-2009.

I have already modded mine a bit, I just dont know if buying a blower would be worth it. I would hate to spend the money and realize I have just modified an older platform car, and I am still not happy with the car. Even with a blower I wont get more than $12-13k for the car, so I would have spent that money and got no real enjoyment out of it at all...and I would be ticked because now I would be wanting an 05-09 GT for SURE!

I just don't know!!!

Just go out and test drive a few different models and see how you like it. I like my 06 and it does respond well to mods. I am considering a 2011 so once the local dealers get a few in, I will go crunch numbers. My only suggestion is to be sure you get everything you want out of the car. For example--if you want a black leather interior...don't settle with cloth. If you are going to be paying monthly notes on it, it needs to be what you want.

I've been caring about mine less and less myself. I love it when I'm in the mood for it, but at times it feels like a chore to drive. I jump in relatively new cars all day long at work, and it would be a nice change.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car. But I do want something more refined with better handling without having a kidney buster. I don't need a ton more power, I'm ok in that department. Something like a nice 3 series BMW or Lexus IS 300/250/350 would suit the bill for me. But I'd still miss the V8 sound, low torque and look of the car.

I believe the retail for the 05-06 mustangs is going to drop rather quickly once the 2011 fully hits the street. The cars will be 5+ years old and the platform is obviously changing which means value goes down. It won't take long for some good buys to be had