I'm in love!

GREENBIOCH said:
Since I have tested it out and other bikes as well, I could see how some would say it is a heavier bike, hard to turn, etc. as compared to other crotch rockets. I am a big guy though, 6' 2" 225Lbs, I find it a perfect fit for my own body frame. I find other bikes to small, so as far as dropping it, I doubt it, as far as killing my self, possibly. If other professional/experienced types think I'm stupid for doing it, there just jealous cause I have a better bike. :D

And by testing it out I mean I have sat on them, not driven them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/haya...643385396QQcategoryZ50030QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What exactly are they jealous of... your bike that costs under 5K that they could go out and buy tomorrow?

What everybody has been saying is right- start small, it makes so much sense just to start small- if you do it right, you won't loose any money, and hopefully you won't die. Buy a 250 and ride for a while, then get a 600/650 and ride a while then move to the busa maybe- and when you get comfortable quit riding, period. And it is riding season, so you will be able to ride anytime.

But if you do get anything ... I'll be jealous, my parents won't let me.

• Sponsors (?)

marvinmycat said:
While I agree with just about everything in that last post, I don't understand what exactly is meant by that last statement. Are you comparing spending money for performance on a car, as compared to the 0-60 times on a bike? If so, you're comparing apples to oranges there. I personally would never consider riding a bike around here as there are too many idiots aloowed to be on the road in NYS. I love the Stang, and if I choose to get more out of her, then so be it. I'm not worried about beating every motor vehicle out on the road today. That's not my intention.

Well said. Yes, it is comparing apples to oranges, whereas I'm comparing the thrill of performance to the thrill of performance. To each his own, but very few of us only enjoy performance in a Mustang, we would get a woody driving a Viper or Ferrari and generally enjoy going fast. Would most of us give our left nut to drive a fighter jet just once before we die? Maybe!
I'm not saying anyone has to be the fastest thing on the road, I'm just saying that if you love high performance and dig bikes then you can enjoy probably the next best thing to flying an F-18 Tomcat for $10000, and keep the testicle!:eek:
As for bang for the buck, for ten grand I can either buy the engine I want for my car and still need another twenty grand to finish the car of my dreams, or spend it on the Busa and not spend another dime! I think I'll enjoy the bike rather than always work on the car. :)