I'm so f'ing pissed!!!

Johnnb

Jun 16, 2005
The Couve
I am so f'ing pissed off right now and absolutely hate aftermarket tuning sometimes and it almost makes me want to get out of it sometimes. So I traded cars with Jordan and absolutely love the car but hate the way the stock '98 AOD shifts so I went on the search for a valve body.

After talking to Lentec and PA and Art Carr I decided to go with the PA setup and purchased one directly from PA. So I go in to have it installed on Friday with assurance from PA it's only literally a 20 min swap and that all their products are warrantied from them.

So Jeff gets to work on it and for some reason it's not shifting into o/d. So off comes the pan again and everything seems to check out and it's tested again and it still won't go into overdrive. So now this "easy 20 minute" project is now turning into a two day project and it still won't work. So it goes into the dealer to be checked out and come to find out it is shifting into o/d but it's not locking up the torque converter. :mad:

This morning I get to work and call PA and tell them what's going on and all they can tell me is to ship it back to them and they will test it and then decide what they are going to do with it and will get back to me within 5-7 business days. :mad:

I am so sick and tired of stuff like this that it just infuriates me. They should send me out a part that works and then on their own time figure out what's wrong with their valvebody. I got scammed on a PI head setup on e-bay so I did not have the money to put in the valvebody and was going to sell it but was able to work out a deal to have it installed and I am so happy that I did not sell this as I would have lost my shirt on the whole deal when they found out it did not work.

So now I get to pay to have it sent back and have them determine what they are going to do. Now I am sure that I am going to have to pay to have it re-installed when I get it back as I am sure I have overstayed my welcome on the trade to have it installed in the first place.

The part that pisses me off the worst is Jeff's wife was in labor and instead of being with her he was in on a Saturday trying to get my car up and running when it should never have happened in the first place.

Thanks Jeff, your so the man!

O.k end rant.

• Sponsors (?)

ASD said:
Sorry to hear John hopefully PA will make it right. As for Jeff working on your car when his wife was in labor.:nonono: I will have to send him the movie CLICK. (Good message at the end) :D

Alan, we dont watch ANYTHING you send us anymore:nonono: :p

Unfortunately 3 cases of ATF later it ended up just being a bad part. Such is the way with aftermarket sometimes, its just a crap shoot. We have had very good luck with Lentec stuff, but when something does go wrong, who do you go to? The manufacturer is happy to replace just his part, the tech usually ends up working for free cause it isnt the customers fault, and the customer is left without a car for a few extra days. It really just sucks for everyone...but the manufacturer. They act like they are trying to help, they just arent. :shrug:

/my little rant:p

gospeedgo said:
Alan, we dont watch ANYTHING you send us anymore:nonono: :p

Unfortunately 3 cases of ATF later it ended up just being a bad part. Such is the way with aftermarket sometimes, its just a crap shoot. We have had very good luck with Lentec stuff, but when something does go wrong, who do you go to? The manufacturer is happy to replace just his part, the tech usually ends up working for free cause it isnt the customers fault, and the customer is left without a car for a few extra days. It really just sucks for everyone...but the manufacturer. They act like they are trying to help, they just arent. :shrug:

/my little rant:p

Come on man, my stuff is always PG. :eek:

You don't have to tell me about aftermarket parts or give me excuses’... it wasn't my car but hey thanks for the story. :nice:

John- Your story sucks and is very typical. Several years ago, my room mate and I installed a brand new TCI streetfighter AOD into his fox vert. After a week of street driving and proper break-in, the transmission blew. We pulled it out, called TCI and had to send it back. This was done under our carport, between college classes. My friend had to pay the shipping to send the tranny back($100). TCI took it apart, and politely accused my friend of lying about how the transmission broke. The internals were fried in such a manner that TCI assumed we had the tranny behind a 400+ci engine with nitrous. In reality, it was behind a 260hp 302. They rebuilt the transmission, as it was under warranty and sent it back. My friend was without the car for about two months. This was after he wrecked it and was without it for two previous months.
When the tranny came back, my friend decided that he was too lazy to put the tranny back in himself. Instead, he paid a local shop to install it. The shop tried to scam him and left the torque converter nut loose, so that it would leak. My friend assumed that another seal was bad in the transmission and that the tranny needed to come out again. The shop wanted to stick him for labor a second time. Instead of finding the source of the leak, the car was sold to a guy who had more patience. The new owner promptly put the car on a lift, found the leaky nut and tightended it. This whole fiasco involved much more transmission fluid as well!:nice:

Years ago I get one of the first PA valve body for the Ford AOD,have it put in and fried the OD band just going around the block for a test drive. PA send out another one after telling me nothing is wrong with the first one. The second test drive only lasted half a block before the wheels locked up when it shift into a higher gear ( Wipe out the third gear this time ). I get a full refund and two coffee mug but have to eat the labors. Never deal with them again. :(