72.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 1cddf433.jpg
    1cddf433.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 61
  • Sponsors (?)

lvmustanggt said:
Will you make sure it sit safe cause you have jack stand up front and ramp out
back . Looks like it might role back. be safe

Working under the very front of the car, I guess if it were to roll at all, I'd rather it roll backwards instead of forwards...

blackink00 said:
i still cant believe your going with the header gasket that came with bbk
yeah the bbk header gaskets suck! we put them on with my brothers bbk shorties. they literally baked, then they leaked really bad. just made of the wrong material i think. turned into lika a tortilla shell.

-=NightHawk=- said:
I have BBK gasket in mine. I didn't have time to look in to new one at the time, and reusing stock one didn't go well(stock manihold have dinple where protrusion from gasket fit, and BBK flange don't have them), and leaked. So i used BBK instead.

I haven't had any issue with it yet. But next time I have K out(hopefully to do Tube K), i'll change gasket with dead soft aluminum one...

What a day, what a day...

Just came back from an extended test drive, everything turned out great! The tone deepened quite a bit more, a smidge louder too. SOTP impression is that there is a definate gain. idle to 2300 rpms is almost the same, but after that you feel the car gain power and it pulls a little harder now.

Finally Done!!!

The first start up was horrid. The computer was having a grand ol time relearning all the modifications, it was stumbling and hesitating quite a bit. I let it idle for a while until it calmed down.

There are no leaks so far. I went with gaskets bbk came with due to the fact i thought i could get some copper/aluminum ones at the local auto parts stores. None carries them. I can spin it and say i want to test out these gaskets for you all, see the lifespan until leaks develop, hehe.

The trouble areas:

trying to tighten all the bolts( Must have a variety of small wrenchs and crowfoot types are great)

putting the k-member back on(goes smoother when there is 2 people, but solo is possible)

finding out that the A/C line is too close to the header on intial testing. Ouch! :bang:

I had to scrap off some of the netting and patch the line with some thick hose+hose clamps. Weird thing is that I guess that the header heated the a/c line enough to create v. high pressure and shot out steam(maybe it shot out all of it?). After the patch i didn't try to see if had A/C or not, as it was v. dark by this time and i had enough. All i know that line is sealed and hopefully i can replace it soon. This is the only mistake that happened, I consider it a good trade off considering all the work involved.

Conclusion

money well spent? For me personal i say yes. I know you don't get a huge gain, but for the tone, the value of DIY, the looks, the emmisions(this one is just strecthing it a bit), and the fact i wanted my catted x-pipe, it all evens out. I had a great time just tearing the car apart, can't beat that. :nice:

P.S.
Tomarrow I will try and get a video posted for the grand finale. I think i have the quietest aftermarket exhuast combo?

bbk tuned length ceramic shorties- magnaflow catted X- regular magnaflow catback

Grand Finale

She's a great ten footer if you ask me....

2006_0904001.jpg

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j224/mijo_latino/header/?action=view&current=chuyscar.flv

The audio is a little low for some reason. I may try again with some drive arounds...

Attachments

• 2006_0904001.jpg
    2006_0904001.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 38