Installing 1.6 Roller Rockers, Need help with Install

Notched

Apr 1, 2004
Well i got head work done, and now putting a nice set of stud mount roller rockers on.. i dont have any toruq specs, or any of that, bought from a friend

i read that when installing, u want there to be NO clearence between the roller, and the valve stem.

Also i read that you want the pushrod not to be loose, but able to spin without much effort

(do i want the pushrod to spin when valve is open? or closed)

if im totally wrong, please tell me and correct me. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I know w/ Pedestal mount, you get both valves closed and get the pushrods where they barely spin and then torque 'em down and count the turns. I don't think you have to count the turns w/ studs. Ed Curtis had a method on his site before, but I can't find it now. Maybe try a search for Michael Yount and see if you can find the method he uses. I believe torque is 22-26 lbs, but I could be wrong...although I just did mine sunday, so probably not :rolleyes:

It's been a while and I had an engine rebuild book when I did my motor. I remember doing one closed valve at a time, tighten to zero lash, I think that was where the rocker and push rod were touching, then I turned an additional 3/4 turn or some given amount and tightened the stop nut. There was no torque numbers for my type.