Installing new air fliter (Extreme Noob)

05BlackV6

Aug 25, 2005
Earth
Hey all,

I just got a K&N stock replacement filter and don't know how to install it. Hell I don't know where it goes. (This is why I'm going to trade school soon along with my other schooling.) Can anyone give me a quick walkthrough? Have there been any write ups or anything how to do this? I can't seem to find one.

As usual sorry for my stupidness and thanks for any help,

05 black V6

• Sponsors (?)

This is a photo of the V8 engine, but the V6 air box is almost identical. The air box is on the bottom right side of the engine bay as you are looking at it. There are two clamps on top and three on the bottom. Undo the top ones and pull towards the top. The lid will then come off. Remove the old filter and install the new filter. Then reinstall the lid by doing the reverse order of the removal of the lid.
View attachment 40094

05BlackV6 said:
Is there any specific way to place it in the airbox? Like which way is up and which is down etc?

And thanks alot Tmack!!!!
There should be a grove in the outer black rubber ring of the filter. And it should only be on one side. That would be the bottom of the filter and should make a good seal on the box. You're welcome.