Installing Recaros in my fox

OK, I've been slacking off on this project, I know. :)

That set up is going to be too tall for a fox, the sliders should be bolted directly to the seat base.

You are 100% correct. I bolted the fox slider to the brackets on the Recaros. I set the seats on the floor, had a seat, and measured how high my head was. 44 inches. I went out to the cobra, and measure floor to roof, and its 43 inches. :lol:

New plan

seat003.jpg

I unbolted ALL the brackets from the Recaros. You can see on each side where 3 bolts go. I mocked up using those to bolt the fox sliders to, but it left the seat bolt holes about 16 inches apart. The factory bolt holes in the floorpan are about 11 inches apart. Thats WAY to large of a difference to attempt to fix.

See the little red squares I MSPainted on the picture. I'm gonna drill some holes right there, and it looks like the factory fox sliders will bolt up, and work perfectly. On the front of the seat, behind where I'm gonna drill in an open area, so that will be easy. On the rear, there is about 1/4th inch gap before the padding. That will make it a little hard getting the bolt/nut on, but it should work just fine. I'm gonna swing by lowes tomorrow after class/before work. I'll have some free time friday afternoon before I go to work, so hopefully I'll get the seats in then.

EDIT: Just did some more measurements. Sitting on the floor of my living room, with sliders, the factory cobra seats are about 36-37 inches tall. The recaros with no sliders measure 33, and the fox brackets are about 2-3. Looks like everything is gonna work just fine. :)

• Sponsors (?)

$150 for special brackets or simply $3 at Lowes?

seat011Medium.jpg

seat012Medium.jpg

seat013Medium.jpg

seat014Medium.jpg

The nut in between is because the bracket needed to be spaced out a little from the actual seat. Yes I tightened the other nut after taking the picture

seat007Medium.jpg

seat008Medium.jpg

seat010Medium.jpg

:nice:

Feels great so far. They sit lower than the factory seat, so it may take a little getting use to though.

I have about an inch of clearance between the top of my head and my headliner with my Recaros.

DAMN! If you want to lower them, just do what I did above.