Installing S281 spoiler

FordStang

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2002
Orange Park, FL
Well Bought my Saleen S281 spoiler from speedworx....Recieved it today i know this has prob been gone over before but theres only on Bolt they gave me for each side To mount it. So Do i just mount it that way or is there Some sort of Two sided Tape i could as in some 3M brand that will also help hold this on....Dont Really like the idea of just 1 bolt holding each side. Thanks for your help. Also saleens stuff looks like it needs alot of prep and sanding before a good paint job is sprayed on. Which is :bs:

• Sponsors (?)

FordStang said:
Mine only has 1 on each side and its a saleen peice....its Engraved inside the spoiler "Saleen"
Yup thats the way the newer saleen spoilers come. I sent mine back for the S351. Sand it and i have heard of people using small self tapping screws very gently though or double sided tape.

i'm putting one on my car too i just took off my s -351 " sold it to killer" and am putting the 281 on , i am molding it in and will post pics soon , i hoping to have it back this weekend to get in on in time for a show in pittsburgh feb 7th! mine only had one bolt per side ??nothing a little 2 part epoxy won't fix :D or like you said some 3m tape will work too .