Insurance settlement

95BLKGT5.0

Founding Member
Mar 18, 2002
Auburn Washington

I will be getting an Insurance settlement for the accident I was in last January.
I was stopped and was rear ended at 57 mph totaling my truck and injuring my back and hip.
So I have a question for everyone.
What would you do with the money?
Buy a new 06 Mustang?
Or put $12,000 to $15,000 into your current car?
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

damn, that's hard... i personally plan on getting the new s197 sometime soon (a few years), so i would do that. just thinking of what i could do w/ that kind of money to my current car, though, gets me all excited and such.

flip a coin, heh.

I'm getting over $150,500 but most of it is going for my son's collage eduction. $12,000 to $15,000 would be for a down payment plus my car for a trade in so my payments would be about $200 a mo.
I do not have any car payments right now!

I think I would put the $$ into my car, not all of it but maybe a third of it... did you go through a lawyer???

I was rearended a couple eyars ago, stayed away from laywers until the insurance low-balled me, then i contacted a lawyer and he fought for more $$ but because i already had an offer on the table he collected his third only above and beyond what they offered me. So i made out pretty good in the deal for jsut having waited and then spending a couple hours with the lawyer.