Intake Manifold Settlement

• Sponsors (?)

yeah mine is past the 7 year date also and this pisses me off..they should have known better in the first place..come one ford get your heads together! Looks liek we will not get any advantage from this settlement huh..

I'm beginning to think the exclusion of the 96-97 Stangs is a misprint. All of the info that these other news organizations print comes from a source on the law firm website but a copy of the original class action suit says it includes the 96-97. It also was a class action for only California residents. We will just have to wait for the word from Ford since they will be contacting everyone involved.

The 7 year recall had no mileage limit. If it cracked within the 7 year build date you were covered. Mine cracked at the beginning of this year...1 year too late.

'96-'97 had a silent recall that covered them. '98s up to 2001 had the same piece of crap intake but we weren't covered in any way by Ford. Time for them to own up to ALL the cars that they put it in. It cost me $200 and I did it myself for the replacement so I doubt I'd get any money worth the effort.

It is not a misprint, the 96 - early 97's were initially covered by an extended secret warranty. The later 97+ were not and that is why they are now covered.

I contacted Ford Customer Relations yesterday in regard to this issue. I was told that it is still "In Agreement" and will be settled sometime this fall. All affected customers will receive a letter with instructions on how to obtain a reimbursement.

What she said will happen is that each customer will have to take their receipts to a dealer. That dealer will then process the paperwork to obtain the reimbursement. The one thing she did not say and I didn't think to ask is if the car has to be taken in as well & be inspected.

I guess all we can do for now is sit back and wait on that letter.

EDIT: She also said it wouldn't matter if the parts were somewhere other than a Ford dealer.

Robin said:
I contacted Ford Customer Relations yesterday in regard to this issue. I was told that it is still "In Agreement" and will be settled sometime this fall. All affected customers will receive a letter with instructions on how to obtain a reimbursement.

What she said will happen is that each customer will have to take their receipts to a dealer. That dealer will then process the paperwork to obtain the reimbursement. The one thing she did not say and I didn't think to ask is if the car has to be taken in as well & be inspected.

EDIT: She also said it wouldn't matter if the parts were somewhere other than a Ford dealer.

good work, i had mine replaced, cost about 650 (or the price of a set of headers :D) it would be nice to have that back.

TGJ said:
It is not a misprint, the 96 - early 97's were initially covered by an extended secret warranty. The later 97+ were not and that is why they are now covered.
I'm talking of the class action suit not the recall. Most of the news sites are pulling info from the law firms web site and it says 98-01. The actual suit has 96-01. That's what I'm referring to. The recall has nothing to do with the class action other than it proves Ford knew there was a problem.

Robin said:

So what if you had it fixed at another dealer and don't have a receipt anymore. Can the dealer print off a work order stating it was repaired and use that as proof?

I think my manifold may have recently fell victum to the crack. I am starting to smell coolant. F'n Ford.

My tranny's screwed up, my intake might be cracked and I got a leaky axle seal. At least the axle seal is a cheap easy fix.