Intake Question

Bob F

May 14, 2015
Roscoe IL
I like the look of the stock intake. I have a phenolic spacer and 70mm tb now and a bbk strut brace with no hood clearance issues. My question is can i put on an explorer intake with a phenolic spacer and still have the strut bar andstock hood or should i have my stock intake ported?
20151029_165400.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Any drop in air temps over an inch it's negligible and in all likely hood probably immeasurable. Same with the runner length. I have yet to a see a single dyno chart proving that they add even 1hp.

Reactions: 1 user
Any drop in air temps over an inch it's negligible and in all likely hood probably immeasurable. Same with the runner length. I have yet to a see a single dyno chart proving that they add even 1hp.
Agreed. And I know @hoopty5.0 ran into a problem with hood clearance using a spacer on his gt40 intake(not sure if it is taller than explorer). And I would have Tmoss port mine(go explorer don't bother with the stock unit)

Typically aftermarket intakes have SHORTER runners than stockers, if that gives you any ideas. the only application imo where a spacer should be used is a carb where its added for more plenum volume vs runner lenght, or as mentioned for clearance issues