Interesting note about the copper cap mod...

triggz

Founding Member
May 15, 2002
Gadsden, AL
I did the copper cap IAC mod a few weeks back on my 2000 GT at 3/16".. The revs did seem to drop a little quicker and I saw no adverse effects so I left it in.
A few days ago I noticed a nice side effect of this mod. Normally when going down a steep hill, say at 70mph, if you put an auto in N the revs drop down to around 1k for a second then shoot up to like 3k. However now with the cap in place the revs stay down at around 1100. Now I can actually take advantage of downhill travelling :D

• Sponsors (?)

a copper cap with a small hole drilled in it that goes between your IAC and intake hose. It helps the revs drop faster.

krly79 said:
Here ya go man.

489607_85_full.jpg

489607_78_full.jpg

489607_80_full.jpg

489607_82_full.jpg

489607_83_full.jpg

489607_84_full.jpg

489607_85_full.jpg

Ever rev an auto mustang? It takes 3x as long to drop as it does to raise. We like to sound off too :p And thats all this mod does is drop your IDLE revs/revdown speed.

This mod has no effect if the throttle is open at all, so no it will not do anything for an automatic. And technically, it would have an adverse effect if it worked overly well on a manual car. You dont want to fall out of the power band during a shift.

When I had my 99 Cougar, the copper cap mod worked really well because the Duratec's really took forever for the RPM's to drop between shifts. However, I haven't had any issues with the 4.6 nor have I heard anybody ever complain about this before.