Invest In Foxbodymustang

• Sponsors (?)

No, your car's daddy was a Chevy Nova. (I have got to dig that book out and scan some pages for you guys, it's an awesome read.)

Amazon product ASIN 0681076305View: https://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Americas-classic-pony-car/dp/0681076305/ref=sr_1_104?ie=UTF8&qid=1481735431&sr=8-104&keywords=Mustang+History+Book
I think this is it.

That was the book I was thinking about. They go into detail about the beginnings of the Fox chassis more than I've ever seen talked about.

I believe they were inspired by the VW Fox which is where the chassis got the name. I have it sitting bedside, i'll have to snap some pics of the quotes.

Interesting read on how the developed the Fox front suspension.

No, your car's daddy was a Chevy Nova. (I have got to dig that book out and scan some pages for you guys, it's an awesome read.)

Amazon product ASIN 0681076305View: https://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Americas-classic-pony-car/dp/0681076305/ref=sr_1_104?ie=UTF8&qid=1481735431&sr=8-104&keywords=Mustang+History+Book
I think this is it.
I feel like I don't even know who my daddy is.

"Momma, Momma please...."

EDIT: I'm guoting from a '70's Nazareth song, Vacation I think was it's name. For you younger gentlemen out there

Last edited:
I feel like I don't even know who my daddy is.

"Momma, Momma please...."

EDIT: I'm guoting from a '70's Nazareth song, Vacation I think was it's name. For you younger gentlemen out there
Ha! that's a laugh.

Most of the younger gentlemen don't even know what a Nazareth is, much less that they were a band.

Now you're messing with a...

Reactions: 1 users
That was the book I was thinking about. They go into detail about the beginnings of the Fox chassis more than I've ever seen talked about.

I believe they were inspired by the VW Fox which is where the chassis got the name. I have it sitting bedside, i'll have to snap some pics of the quotes.

Interesting read on how the developed the Fox front suspension.
If memory serves me they got the term from Audi which is also the same Company as VW but the Audi Fox was around way before the VW Fox.

Yeah, they go into more detail on the Mustang II as well, including the "toilet seat" as they called it, the thing that makes a car built from the Pinto not ride and drive like a Pinto.

If memory serves me they got the term from Audi which is also the same Company as VW but the Audi Fox was around way before the VW Fox.

Yes, that was it. I found the page talking about the "fox" project getting it's start in 1973, which was the first year of the Audi Fox.

Haven't found the quote where Iaccoca talks about drawing inspiration from it yet.

Reactions: 1 user