ipod Integration

Manu

Spelling Impeard
Founding Member
Feb 28, 1999
Hollywood, CA
Hey everyone...

Looking to get my ipod integrated into my car stereo. I have a 2001 GT with the Mach 460. (thats the in dash CD6).

What are my options? I've seen a few here and elsewhere that remove the CD changer functionality, which I am not looking to do. I don't want to use a wireless FM transmittr. (LA, no free signal, anywhere).

What are my options, shortof a different head unit/player?

Thanks much...

• Sponsors (?)

Manu said:
Hey everyone...

Looking to get my ipod integrated into my car stereo. I have a 2001 GT with the Mach 460. (thats the in dash CD6).

I don't want to use a wireless FM

Thanks much...

Unless they make an inline fm modulator ( meaning you literaly take the attenna cord out of your HU and plug it into an fm modulator unit that will have the atenna lead as an output and (L) (R) as input) But i have never seen one, i also dont work at a Car stereo store so they could have this.
But other than that i really dont think you have an option.

strokedandblown said:
Unless they make an inline fm modulator ( meaning you literaly take the attenna cord out of your HU and plug it into an fm modulator unit that will have the atenna lead as an output and (L) (R) as input) But i have never seen one, i also dont work at a Car stereo store so they could have this.
But other than that i really dont think you have an option.
thats only way i would suggest it is wired FM mod like he said.Almost every comapany makes one,my cost was about 10-20 bucks(whlolesale acct) so expect to pay about $35-45.It gets a power,ground and the ant. plugs in and out,and you might need a switch to wire for on/off power.

Manu said:
Hey everyone...

What are my options? I've seen a few here and elsewhere that remove the CD changer functionality, which I am not looking to do. I don't want to use a wireless FM transmittr. (LA, no free signal, anywhere).

What are my options, shortof a different head unit/player?

Thanks much...
i have read somewhere that there is a company that will go in between your factory headunit and your ipod and will allow it to be a direct connection....just look on apple.com or search on yahoo...i wish i could remember where i saw it