iPod to Factory Mach 460 in 2000 GT Vert?

FivePointStang

Founding Member
May 22, 2001
Springfield, OH
Ive been looking online all over and cant seem to find any of the kits that will work on the 2000s. The only ones Ive seen have been for 2001-2004. Is that when they offered the 6 disc changer and completely re-did the Mach 460?
Anyway, I would like to keep the stock stereo, but am interested in getting better sound quality from my iPod other than through my crappy FM transmitter.
Oh, this may be the wrong forum, but I checked and no one ever looks in the sound and shine. But I didnt think this was considered TECH. So, sorry if Im wrong, mods. :)

Thanks,
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Ok here is your answer.

B/c the stock HU has no inputs on it YOU CAN NOT hook the Ipod up any way but with the fm modulator.

sorry to ruin your day.

I purchased the NEO for my 03 stang and installed it.... ended up costing me about 400$ after it was all said and done.

The NEO box was 200$, then as I had my cd player out and resting on the dashboard, the cd eject button must have gotten stuck on something and tried to eject itself as it was propped up against something and couldn't...lo and behold the cd player got all jammed up and I had to send it out to ford to get fixed for another 200$.

Works great now that its done, but I gotta ask myself if it was worth all the time and money?:shrug:

Uncle Meat said:
These guys make all sorts of adaptors for stock stereo systems and wiring harnesses. I'll bet they have something that will work!

http://www.pie.net/

U.M.

Do you think someone has cracked the proprietary measures Apple takes to prevent people from profiting from aftermarket products? They usually keep such a stronghold on these things, as does Microsoft (the xBox is a prime example).

I hope something can be found for this guy, but I feel that if it were in existence, more people know about it. :shrug:

Uncle Meat said:
These guys make all sorts of adaptors for stock stereo systems and wiring harnesses. I'll bet they have something that will work!

http://www.pie.net/

U.M.

your right look there they have one that says its for a 12 pin i think count you canger input and see if it will work

good job UM, you gonna take me fishing now ?

S&B said:
NO you could burn your MP3's on to cd's and buy an alpine MP3/cd unit for less.

but your car looks stock and it works so who cares right...

If you're going to go aftermarket, Alpine and others offer iPod adapters. Also, the new line of Alpine's offer a direct connect feature with their "made for iPod" headunits.

I have a Sony mp3 player, not an iPod, but I found that getting one of the old portable car CD player inputs (the ones that plugs into the line out in the CD player and looks like a cassette tape at the other end) works great.

At 128 kbps encoding, it's pretty much exactly like I'm listening to my mp3 player (with a little old-school analog audio hiss, too).