Is 400rwhp possible without a power adder?

jbrown

Aug 5, 2003
Tallahassee, FL
This kid I met at a party tonight says he has a mustang bullit claims it has steeda rods and stuff says it dynos over 400rwhp, and 420 at the fly, I told him those number didnt add up because than hed only be losing like 5% of power from fly to the wheels where 15% was more common. He claimed his numbers were correct. I told him to pop the hood and he was like "does your engine look like this?", I was like nope he tried to tell me he had a completely differant engine because his intake was differant(as are all bullit intakes!) I told him I'd race him even though I'd lose (based on his 400+rwhp estimates) but I was too drunk so I couldnt do it tonight. What do you guys think I call :bs:

• Sponsors (?)

maybe over 400 with a built engine and juice....guy by me blew up his mach 1 engine and is having vt do up a 324 stroker with cams and ported heads and he is only looking at about 400 at the wheels(should be done in a couple of weeks)

Is this kid rich? If he did a big bore stroker, very high flowing heads, some wild cams, a racing intake and some other stuff he could see it, but it would be insanely expensive. I'd just take a GT, stick a Vortech on it, and tell him I have as much power for way less.

yeah but the cammer is also a 5.0 not a 4.6, and I think the mm&ff article you are referring to was just a dyno of an engine that had no air filter and no exhaust except for long tubes, I dont think it was at the wheels, this kid claimed 12.4 in the 1/4 , he had some cat back I'd never heard of sylvania or something like that, he was a spoiled rich kid who said he used to have a z06, said the engine had 5k in work done, I think even with 5k in engine work he still wouldnt get 400+ at the wheels.

yeh. 5k in engine work won't get you 400rwhp. i'm putting a stroker w/ all forged internals, full intake/exhaust, cams, and p&p heads in my GT right now and i'm hoping for 350rwhp. i'll tell you, it's already cost me well over 5k. i think your friend had a little too much to drink and couldn't stop talking...

MM & FF got over 400 flywheel horsepower N/A without a stroker. It was actually a stock 98 shortblock with P.I. heads . It was in last months issue about high and low compression engines. I could scan in the artivcle if we really needed it. I think with a stoker and a good balance job you could see over 400 at the rear wheels.

Do I think this kid has these mods, no way. He would have had to spend a fortune to reach that N/A and without N2O . Stroker kit, ported eads, cams, ported intake, etc.

vtecsticker.jpg

It's that easy!!!!