Is a bigger Throttle Body and Plenum worth the cash???

Tampa04GT

Mar 17, 2004
Hows it going?

Simple question here for my 2004 GT

Is it worth the money to get a 75mm TB and a C&L TrueFlow Plenum??
Should I go with a CAI or K&N filter then the TB and Plenum??

The only mods I will have are a O/R H pipe and flow mufflers

Trying to get max airflow with the new pipes dont know what will really make a diference.

Thanks for any inputs

Black 04 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Tampa04GT said:
Hows it going?

Simple question here for my 2004 GT

Is it worth the money to get a 75mm TB and a C&L TrueFlow Plenum??
Should I go with a CAI or K&N filter then the TB and Plenum??

The only mods I will have are a O/R H pipe and flow mufflers

Trying to get max airflow with the new pipes dont know what will really make a diference.

Thanks for any inputs

Black 04 GT
That's for you to decide...

This article has a lot of good info though, and comparisons between the plenums. It also links to the first test, done with a 70mm tb.
http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=38

personally, I'd save the money for gears or tires if I were to do it again. The gains aren't that big and gears/tires would probably be more noticable.

Definately worth it, but I agree with JonJon, gears would give you more bang for the buck, more seat of the pants performance. Just my 2 cents... I've did gears, cat back, shifter and chip 1st, then induction upgrades - and don't regret any of it.

Get pulleys, gears, mid-pipe and catback first. It does seem to work tho. I'm waiting to see what happens with the lower intakes. When are C&L meant to be done anyhow?

I have the combo and I am happy with it. While it may not make the power of the Accufab plenum/tb combo, that won't matter when I supercharge my car. Both pieces are of great quality and fit perfectly. Install time was about an hour total (30 minutes a piece installed on different days)