Is this a good Deal?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok i went by the shop that did all my exhaust work...Was talking to him about droping my car off to do the Rear gears and sub frames....Upper and Lower A-arm..Corba posi unit...31 inch spline axles...3.73's welded battle boxes....Then we got talking about my H/C/I install...He gave me a deal on a brand new NOT re-built 302....motor that a guy bought but doesnt want anymore...It has a Ford motor sport double roller timing chain, New oil pan for the new 5.0's high flow water pump,new timing cover,new oil pump,new oil pump screen...it has the factory cam...which im not going to use...it is a 93 motor 5.0...i think he said it has hyperutentic < spelling. Pistons...He told me that with those pistons you have no oil lose better sealing motor...the only reason he suggested this is because i have a ;eaky oil pan and he said it would be easier to do a new motor on a stand pull mine do a new clutch while its out and drop in the new motor...He wants to sell me the motor with all the part brand new in a box the motor is in one of those plastic shipping containers for $1k....i thought that was a good price....Now i need to buy the H/C/I and he cah get all the odds and ends for the clutch and rear....so do you think thats a good idea or no any opinions would be great thanks.....:)

• Sponsors (?)