Is this blower ready?

I just got a 1993 gt vert with 60k miles. it doesnt leak any oil. It has the inferior hyper pistons. i was wondering if the motor was up to the challenge of an off the shelf centifugal blower at about 9lbs. also... wut kinda power would I be looking at with a bone stock 93 with a vorteq at 9lbs (to the wheels). Im trying to go a different route. my last was a 92 HCI that made 312 RWHP

• Sponsors (?)

if memory serves you can run a little bit of boost on the hypereu"crack"tic pistons...like up to 6 or 8psi. Just make sure your mixture and timing (tune) is good-there are several people running spray on the '93 bottom ends out there with no issues

It isnt the boost that hurts hyper per say... its the detonation that occurs with boost.

In order to run boost without problems on ur car you are gonna need a dead on tune with safe Air Fuel ratios.

Forged pistons will put up with lots and lots of beatings from detonation and never let go.. but hypers, you mess up one good time and crack.

So, in short. Yes you can do it, but be careful.

My buddy ran 13 lbs through a kenne belle on his 94 gt with Hypers with no problems even during the heat of the summer. They key is in the tune....we used a tweecer and ditched the FMU for his setup and it was SAFE! we tuned for about 12:1 AFR and I'm sure we were leaving a little power on the table but we didnt care it was fast enough as safe! good luck man