Is this Camber kit good enough???

SetofAces

Jan 22, 2009
SF Bay Area
My stock struts are blown, so I'm going with the KYB GR-2s I found on ebay for like 139 shipped; I also want to get most likely Eibach pro-kit lowering springs or something similar with about a 1.5" drop; I know that you generally need camber adjustment plates when you lower your car, but would these suffice?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INGA...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I know I should probably get something good lime the MM plates, but I can't afford anything like that for a while (same reason I'm not getting the fully adjustable coilover setup I want right now . . .)

• Sponsors (?)

The GR-2 are stock replacement at best and are not really designed for lowering springs and more times than not will blow out in no time when run on lowering springs. It's been done but the design of the strut is for a stock vehicle vs a performance strut. The GR-2's will serve you well enough on the stock springs until you can save the coin for a better set of dampers that will work much better with the springs you want. On the low end are AGX's that work with lowering springs, to bilstiens on the upper end.

I would stay away from that camber kit, it's nothing like I have ever seen and probally not many on here or any other forums so that would be enough to keep it of my car. MMS is one of the best, but there is also steeda, etc. steel plates are better than aluminum. The cheap always comes out more expensive. I would take the time to save up and do it right, just my opinion.