Cheap Turbo kit on ebay...

As great as it would be to use your logic, it is flawed. If the stock 4.6 makes ~17 hp per psi of atmoshere (260hp/14.7 psi), then you can say at 5psi, it may make 5*17 = 85hp more than stock...

Thats not my logic! Its yours. And I dont think we are going to agree on this, so I'm out.

Turbos make more power the superchargers at the same boost level because they dont have the parasitic power loss from the crank.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats not my logic! Its yours. And I dont think we are going to agree on this, so I'm out.

Turbos make more power the superchargers at the same boost level because they dont have the parasitic power loss from the crank.

Posting something like this shows how ignorant you are to turbos and forced induction as a whole. What power a turbo makes is heavily dependant on compressor/turbine effeciency.

A gt40 turbo and a gt55 turbo at the same boost levels are going to create completely different power levels.

If you had thought out what you were trying to write you could have said. "Turbochargers have less parasitic losses in comparison to Superchargers."

People put too much heart into "PSI" when in reality it plays a smaller role in the whole operation of forced induction. Effeciency is the key to making power with a turbo. Running a turbo or turbos with a compressor map designed to work well with your application is what it's really about.

007 said:
Turbos make more power than superchargers at the same boost level because they dont have the parasitic power loss from the crank.

4tun8 said:
Posting something like this shows how ignorant you are to turbos and forced induction as a whole.

If you had thought out what you were trying to write you could have said. "Turbochargers have less parasitic losses in comparison to Superchargers."

WTF:shrug: Like you didnt get the point???? Turbos aren't driven by the belt like SCs.