Is this car worth it?

I'm going to be moving to Indiana at the end of the month.....

If you didnt want to buy my car, and I was you, I think I would pass on the car you are looking at and wait for something else. That car presents soo many potential problems.

You keep talking about how much money it is to own the STI...will it really be that much cheaper for a GT or Cobra? Gas milage wont be much better, insurance may be cheaper if the car was stock, but if you insuure a car with aftermarket parts it may not be. I guess like it was said before you could just not tell the insurance company about the parts, but that could be risky.

$500 a month for insurance and then gas prices on top of that....I would want to get rid of that car too. It's not worth it.

Good luck either way. Just be patient. Something will come up.

• Sponsors (?)

actually, he said he gets about 250mi/tank and that equals out to about 17mpg city, compared to my STI which gets about 14mpg. And saving $150+ on insurance and about $300/month on car payments adds up quickly. And i just now found out where ill be stationed for the next few years so im gonna start looking there for cars, although ill still have this one in mind...

Good luck wherever you're stationed. Man oh' man....19 years old and getting killed by the insurance man. I'm 28 and hate paying 400 bucks a month on my stang payment and 130 bucks a month for insurance on my stang and my wives new Hyundai. To each their own...but I couldn't have imagined paying almost $1k a month just to own and drive a car when I was 19.

Sorry dude, gotta say this:

Whee, I just bought an STi but I need something a little more mad and a little more tyte yo! So I am checking this kebra that is really a V-6 VIN but it is SUPER FAST mang! I mean yeah, theink is not even dry on the STi deal but I want to be EVEN MORE UPSIDE DOWN. And yeah, I want to be upside down on a franken-car that is kinda like a V-6 but with power but hey it has a V-6 VIN so it is cheap to insure.

//Dude you need to talk to your dad and/or get a clue... Do not be so distracted by the shiny objects that pass by or your financial situation will get worse and worse. And do not give me any BS about how much money you are making, you are 19 and have a lot of surviving ahead of you. Go talk to your dad.