is this safe or worth it?

ok so my rim shattered on the highway. the front of my car is pretty smashed. i will take pictures soon. it smashed up the front frame and radiator support and strut towers. but i was wondering is it safe to cut the front frame, from the firewall forward, (not including firewall) and radiator support off of a different mustang and having it professionally welded to my firewall. Im not sure how to really explain it better then that. I think it would be easier to just buy another cobra but i was wondering if this is possible or even safe to attempt.:shrug:
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I know a guy who cut their 2002 mustang in half (behind the front seats) and weld a back end of a different car onto it......i don't see why it wouldn't work......have to wait and see what everyone else thinks.....

EDIT: to clarify it was a back end of a different mustang, it wasn't some frankenstien like it might sound....lol

Sure, it's safe as long as the welder does quality work. Cars haven't had a "frame" for a long time, it's all a unibody construction. As long as the passenger compartment isn't tweaked you can get a new front clip welded on. Be sure this guy takes a bunch of measurements so you know everything will fit right. If the clip is welded off-center you'll never get the car driving straight again.

A member on this board has done that. If you search it might pop up. It was a yellow car.

Just out of curosity what brand/type rim was it.

Also can you get the pictures. I'm just unsure of how much damage a shattered rim can cause. Never seen it before.

I doubt the rim itself caused the damage, but it was the body hitting the pavement AFTER the rim shattered. Imagine what a Mustang would look like with one front wheel missing, and what would happen if that wheel came off while driving. :eek: