is this x-pipe any good?

• Sponsors (?)

sixstringthing said:
Is it deep sounding? Does it ever rasp?

it is very deep sounding. sets off car alarms at idle/startup. It has a smooth sound to it and isnt raspy like the basanni xpipe. at WOT it screams. My neighbors can hear me pulling into the neighborhood/leave neighborhood which is almost a mile away from our street. :drool: the guys at the shop where a friend and I installed it at were surprised at how smooth it sounded. they stood outside while i test drove it and liked the sound of it, even at WOT it isnt real raspy like the basanni. :nice:

streetstang03 said:
it is very deep sounding. sets off car alarms at idle/startup. It has a smooth sound to it and isnt raspy like the basanni xpipe. at WOT it screams. My neighbors can hear me pulling into the neighborhood/leave neighborhood which is almost a mile away from our street. :drool: the guys at the shop where a friend and I installed it at were surprised at how smooth it sounded. they stood outside while i test drove it and liked the sound of it, even at WOT it isnt real raspy like the basanni. :nice:

I have this combo on my 97. It sounds great and there is no rasp. Also, the X-pipe got rid of the drone the flowmasters have. I have gotten compliments all the time about it and people say it is how a mustang should sound. Get it, you won't regret it.

Pete :nice:

any X with that junction sounds good ... if you look at a bassani junction, it's visibly different than others such as mustangtuning, slp, upr, dr gas, etc ...these ones sound really smooth and clean out the burbling sound of the H, but still have a deep tone ...just sounds like a fast, high reving sports car...especially with the flowmasters ...so to answer your question, yeah it sounds amazing with flows :nice:

:banana: for that price it seems awesome!! somebody plz post a sound clip. for those of you who own it+flowmasters, would u recommend it over a prochamber+flowmasters? i wanna be able to keep that "60's muscle car sound" and at the same time gain power from a midpipe.

I haven't heard the pro-chamber + flows first hand, but I definetly like the sound of the X ...if you are going for the "60s muscle car sound," well I would say you should get the H pipe and flowmasters instead ...it will keep that throaty deep mustang sound ...if you get the X, it will just have a smoother note ...still deep, but more of a racier sound ...I like it over the H pipe because it flows better and it just sounds like it balances the engines pulses perfectly, leaving you with a badass tone ...sorry I don't have any clips ...but they won't do it justice anyway ..you need to hear it in person

I am a little of the opposite. I had a Dr. Gas X-pipe on my car and it just was not the sound for me. I like the sound of an o/r H-pipe. I feel it gives a deeper and rumble like exhaust sound. I still have my Dr. Gas sitting in the garage thou.

i have their catted x with 1 chambers and love it. it is loud as all hell. ive had it on over 2 months now and check engine light has not come on and i do not have mils. the cats they use are minicats, alot smaller and they have a mesh inside similar to what bassani uses now. i can tell a difference, and everyone that has driven my car before and after can tell a big difference. the sound is just evil. i dont get any drone at 70 mph however at 80 it drones big time

abouttobeglue said:
i have their catted x with 1 chambers and love it. it is loud as all hell. ive had it on over 2 months now and check engine light has not come on and i do not have mils. the cats they use are minicats, alot smaller and they have a mesh inside similar to what bassani uses now. i can tell a difference, and everyone that has driven my car before and after can tell a big difference. the sound is just evil. i dont get any drone at 70 mph however at 80 it drones big time

Sweet. I was wondering why they suggested you use MILS, but if you haven't had any problems, great :D