It Runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leezure

May 10, 2005
After nearly a year of planning, buying, cutting, sanding, painting, buying, assembling, cussing, reassembling, checking, doublechecking, throwing caution to the wind and keeping my fingers crossed... I finally woke up the beast sitting in my engine bay. All I can say is awesome! I had dogs running and kids crying when I fired up the 408 and had it screaming through open headers!

Now it's back to finalizing all of my electrical connections and installing all the finish items required to get this thing on the street ( hood, fenders, bumper cover etc.)

There is a link to the pictures of my progress in my sig below.

What a great feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

• Sponsors (?)

With a hammer! Just kidding, kind of... I cut down the valve cover bolt seat and shortened the bolt so it would give a bit more clearance. The rest was done with the hammer and a pipe laid on its side so I ended up with an attractive dent.

Thanks for the kind words. Before I can even think about magazines I have to get this car on the road. I should have some video uploaded by the end of the week. I have to borrow a video camera and figure out how to upload the action shots. Cars I understand, computers... not so much.

I'll keep you posted.