It's a beautiful thing

almostblown

Dec 16, 2005
My dad's Shelby arrived today. Figured itd be a nice day for some photos, so I parked it next to the S281SC in the driveway and started shooting.

Some of them do a good job showing the differences of the SN95 and the S197 body styles. Both have their strengths and weakness. Im really not a fan of the rear end of the S197.

img2659ox6.jpg

img2658ds3.jpg

img2655xv5.jpg

img2654qk6.jpg

img2653bx3.jpg

img2652xf1.jpg

img2650xu2.jpg

img2647jj8.jpg

img2651tv6.jpg

Come to think of it, 4 of the vehicles in our driveway have Eatons.

Attachments

• img2659ox6.jpg
    img2659ox6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 78
  • img2658ds3.jpg
    img2658ds3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 46
  • img2655xv5.jpg
    img2655xv5.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 48
  • img2654qk6.jpg
    img2654qk6.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 51
  • img2653bx3.jpg
    img2653bx3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 54
  • img2652xf1.jpg
    img2652xf1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 46
  • img2650xu2.jpg
    img2650xu2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 77
  • img2647jj8.jpg
    img2647jj8.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 71
  • img2651tv6.jpg
    img2651tv6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

No test drive yet. Hes actually in Hawaii for 2 weeks. It was supposed to be here the day after Thanksgiving, but when he heard it was late, he was a little upset. He already drove it while he was in South Carolina for his nephews wedding. He really enjoyed it. Likes the ride a lot more over the Saleen. Im sure if he were to lower it and do some suspension work to it, id handle much better (a lot more comparative to the Saleen). I ended up signing for it today. Drove it in the driveway and could tell its a lot easier to drive than the Saleen. Ive been drooling over it even since.

Its not just you. The car needs to be lowered, in a bad way. The car is just way larger all together. My cousin had the same thought as yours. And mine.

As for the Hummer... :notnice: Its a tow rig, its so easy to disconnect the transfer case (press and hold 2 buttons), thats the only reason we still have it. He needed something to seat 4 kids and a wife and options for easy transfer case disconnect were slim.

Since its not really mine, I wont be driving it for a very long time, if ever. It will sit in the garage mostly. My dad wont have it out in the rain. The Saleen is a 2000 and has only 9000, most of the last 2000 miles were put on by me.

He said he wants to race it, so next time Ray rents the track, it will probably be down there for a few passes. He might let me take it down the strip, Ive ran his Saleen several times.

almostblown said:
Since its not really mine, I wont be driving it for a very long time, if ever. It will sit in the garage mostly. My dad wont have it out in the rain. The Saleen is a 2000 and has only 9000, most of the last 2000 miles were put on by me.

He said he wants to race it, so next time Ray rents the track, it will probably be down there for a few passes. He might let me take it down the strip, Ive ran his Saleen several times.

It'd be fun to see him against Tony (with the blue Shelby) out there. Good photo op too!

I dont think my dad has ever really drag raced from a tree. I tried getting him to race the Saleen when he came down to Woodburn, but he wouldnt.

Has Tony done anything to his yet? Does he have plans for it?

almostblown said:
I dont think my dad has ever really drag raced from a tree. I tried getting him to race the Saleen when he came down to Woodburn, but he wouldnt.

Has Tony done anything to his yet? Does he have plans for it?

Oh, I don't know... I haven't talked to him for a few weeks when we all went out to eat after the track.

sorry spencer ... I HAD to do it.. ok my only thing on the shelby is.. the rims are gross.. could of done a better job.. nice though... isnt a blue one in your family too? ohh nevermind thats a roush..

Hahaha, funny. :D

For my defense... the clutch wouldnt ever self adjust like it was supposed to. Brandon M. drove it years back and said something was bad about the clutch. A lot of it was luck of the draw, but racing it really put it over the edge. :nice:

Its a blue ProCharged Saleen I think you are talking about. But yes, that is my dads cousins car.

Ray, the only problem with that is that he might notice the higher mileage on the odomaeter, the mileage was recorded at 599. Ive already thought about it. :p

If he doesnt notice that, the big dent in the side might give it away.

If all else fails, Ill tell him it was your idea and that you said you will be working for free for a while. :rlaugh: