Roush Its not a mustang, but a piece of Saleen history

• Sponsors (?)

She is a beauty.
IMO, fix the charger and put it back on. Not sure what is wrong with it, but i'll assume it needs a belt upgrade.
I know for sure, i would not buy a 15,000 truck, that needed that type of work.
Probably could bump the asking price up to cover your financial output.
The SC installed would make it much more appitizing in my eyes.

I wish somone would fix up the new Explorer Sport Trac. Damn SVT left us hanging.
adrenalnegallery6.jpg

adrenalnegallery11.jpg

If they get the 5.4L next year I'd get one.

Attachments

• adrenalnegallery6.jpg
    adrenalnegallery6.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 89
  • adrenalnegallery11.jpg
    adrenalnegallery11.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 90
She is a beauty.
IMO, fix the charger and put it back on. Not sure what is wrong with it, but i'll assume it needs a belt upgrade.
I know for sure, i would not buy a 15,000 truck, that needed that type of work.
Probably could bump the asking price up to cover your financial output.
The SC installed would make it much more appitizing in my eyes.

Joe,
Not sure what type of work you are talking about?? In the great state of CA or any other state with heavy omission regulations, the powerdyne supercharger is not smog legal thanks to good old Saleen Inc once again. It won't pass smog with the blower, which is the many reason why it is not on the XP8. Yes, the blower will need to be looked at if someone decides to reinstall it (bad bearing) This was discussed over on the X board awhile back and I remember you mentioning the explorer express roots style blower. Still not even sure if that's CA smog legal, one reason why I didn't pursue that setup as well. I never say a carb number to further investgate on.

I do agree with you that the XP8 would be more appealing if the blower was on the car but, if I remember correctly, only 4 XP's even had the blower installed since Saleen couldn't get the blower smog certified. If I do end up getting it sold, the blower and hardware will be there and it doesn't take much to install it and get the x re-tuned. Little work in my eyes, but to each there own....

Joe,
Not sure what type of work you are talking about?? In the great state of CA or any other state with heavy omission regulations, the powerdyne supercharger is not smog legal thanks to good old Saleen Inc once again. It won't pass smog with the blower, which is the many reason why it is not on the XP8. Yes, the blower will need to be looked at if someone decides to reinstall it (bad bearing) This was discussed over on the X board awhile back and I remember you mentioning the explorer express roots style blower. Still not even sure if that's CA smog legal, one reason why I didn't pursue that setup as well. I never say a carb number to further investgate on.

I do agree with you that the XP8 would be more appealing if the blower was on the car but, if I remember correctly, only 4 XP's even had the blower installed since Saleen couldn't get the blower smog certified. If I do end up getting it sold, the blower and hardware will be there and it doesn't take much to install it and get the x re-tuned. Little work in my eyes, but to each there own....

I must of missed the point about the bad bearing, i just assumed it needed a kevlar belt upgrade which if i remember correctly is common with old powerdynes.

The EE kit is in fact carb certified, must of lost track of the post on explorerx and didn't let you know, sorry about that.
http://www.explorerexpress.com/questions/supercharger_questions.php
About 1/2 way down the Q&A's.

As far as re-installing the Powerdyne, is it illegal to sell someone a vehicle with parts missing the carb cert in cali? Our rules in NJ are much more forgiving, so i truely don't know your situation.
Not sure if it's just me, but a vehicle that needs parts reinstalled has price discount written all over it.
I'd rather see you get the most money for it as possible, and i just didn't feel that's going to happen without the SC physically on it.

Well,

Here's another little piece of trivia for everyone. Every single 1994-1995 S351 sold is not 50 state legal either. The catalyst decals that actually made it on the underside of hoods were forgery. Just try having a legitimate smog station in California try to smog one. Those that have know what I'm talking about. :D

There must be some kind of Left Coast-based Saleen White Sale going on.

I sell my white '89 two years ago & 5 months later purchase my white '98 S281.

Then last year Marcus sells his white '95 S351R, later purchases a white '06 S281 then sells the latter. Around this same time he also sells his white '89.

Also last year Robert sells his white '95 S351 to PAS, now he's selling his white '98 XP8.

Must be something in the air or water going around... :shrug:

There must be some kind of Left Coast-based Saleen White Sale going on.

I sell my white '89 two years ago & 5 months later purchase my white '98 S281.

Then last year Marcus sells his white '95 S351R, later purchases a white '06 S281 then sells the latter. Around this same time he also sells his white '89.

Also last year Robert sells his white '95 S351 to PAS, now he's selling his white '98 XP8.

Must be something in the air or water going around... :shrug:

....dont' forget I sold my white 98 S281 vert in the fall of '03 then replaced it, with, you guessed it, my white 95 S351 coupe in the winter of '04!!! :rolleyes:
Don't worry, I'm sure there is another white Saleen in my future, I'll have to keep you in the loop!!! :nice:

Speaking of rare, white Saleens for sale, I spotted this one on eBay yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...wItemQQcategoryZ6236QQitemZ170088139685QQrdZ1

The seller's BIN price is a wee bit optimistic (if it's truly worth $50K, why not ask that price?) & not having the Saleen Book handy I'm a bit skeptical about the supercharger installation claim.

But it is still a low mileage SSC which means it's worth something.

BTW, Robert, should I delete that unread PM I sent you several weeks ago?!? :p