Iup

• Sponsors (?)

i have posted this somewhere before. first the wire is behind the blank cover on the upper console just pop it out and plug in the switch. then the cover over the cluster just pulls right out exposing the cluster 4 7mm screws and one plug. pull the cover then leave it. at that point the dealer needs to download from the WDS info then remove the cluster install new one then upload to the WDS. its that simple. now ed will sell you the cluster for around 220.00 plus i think the switch is around 40.00 there is a core charge for the cluster rerfunded upon return. they will also need you milage this is because the factory programes the mileage into it when they ship it. myself i did most of it myself and got the cluster from my dealer my freind is the head mech and i am also a vender do i get stuff at cost . eds price is about the same but what i saved was the shipping and core charge hassel. anyway i basicly had everthing for my friend ready switch installed cover pulled screws out all he had to do was programing and install new cluster. 15 min. when ordering cluster the only difs are us or other (mpr-KPH) gt or v6 just jive ed the vin # he has sold about 5 of theese so far i is by far the best thing i have done so far! feal free to email me its a cool and easy mod. i have herd they are charging about 75 buck to do the swap. talk to the service writer first heck print this out and give it to him. if you brought the car in untouched 30 min tops. unless the tech is well you know. good luck
Tom

disclaimer (my spelling sucks)

afixer said:
i have posted this somewhere before. first the wire is behind the blank cover on the upper console just pop it out and plug in the switch. then the cover over the cluster just pulls right out exposing the cluster 4 7mm screws and one plug. pull the cover then leave it. at that point the dealer needs to download from the WDS info then remove the cluster install new one then upload to the WDS. its that simple. now ed will sell you the cluster for around 220.00 plus i think the switch is around 40.00 there is a core charge for the cluster rerfunded upon return. they will also need you milage this is because the factory programes the mileage into it when they ship it. myself i did most of it myself and got the cluster from my dealer my freind is the head mech and i am also a vender do i get stuff at cost . eds price is about the same but what i saved was the shipping and core charge hassel. anyway i basicly had everthing for my friend ready switch installed cover pulled screws out all he had to do was programing and install new cluster. 15 min. when ordering cluster the only difs are us or other (mpr-KPH) gt or v6 just jive ed the vin # he has sold about 5 of theese so far i is by far the best thing i have done so far! feal free to email me its a cool and easy mod. i have herd they are charging about 75 buck to do the swap. talk to the service writer first heck print this out and give it to him. if you brought the car in untouched 30 min tops. unless the tech is well you know. good luck
Tom

disclaimer (my spelling sucks)

30 mins. tops, unless you go to my dealer, then its a month....lol

only 2 options

plain cluster upgraded cluster
plain = tach,speedo,water and fuel
upgraded = tach,speedo,water,fuel,oil,amps message center and my color its a great up grade!

buy the way the switch part # is 4r3z10d889 and as far as the dealer goes if you have all the parts and talk to the service manager and make an apointment the quick service guy sould be able to do it while you wait ! you just need to know how to work your dealer!
let me add one thing clusters are spacific to area and car
gt cluster has speedo that goes to 140 v6 120 not sure but i think you can fool the gt cluster for the v6 and calibrat it idnt want to do that. also MPH or KPH so ask all these questions before you order it

afixer said:
from what i have heard 300 plus for cluster 50 plus for the switch and 125 install
around 475 total not to mention the core but thats refunded

OK, now this is what would really make me mad. When you order your car, you can get IUP with all the chromed stuff, cluster, message center, and MyColor all for $450. BUUUUUT, if I go to my dealer and ask for JUST the upgraded cluster, message center, and MyColor, then it's prolly going to cost me more than $450 for less parts. Dammit, I should've just waited the extra 2 months for my car...

bleedingvayneAD said:
OK, now this is what would really make me mad. When you order your car, you can get IUP with all the chromed stuff, cluster, message center, and MyColor all for $450. BUUUUUT, if I go to my dealer and ask for JUST the upgraded cluster, message center, and MyColor, then it's prolly going to cost me more than $450 for less parts. Dammit, I should've just waited the extra 2 months for my car...

i guess but i only paid 275 for mine and i dont like the aluminum dash so it worked for me

as i have stated on other posts and i think this one i have a friend that is the head mech at the dealership that i bought my stang at. i was going to order the cluster from ed and actually worked out the details with ed at to the right cluster and switch to sell. he has sold 5 setup that i know of with no problems. i myself got the cluster and switch from my dealership at cost and installed everything and had my friend flash the computer so all i paid for was the cluster and switch.